After Christmas Food

Welcome to the Pool Side, A place to chat about anything

Moderator: Al

DaveD
VIP Member
VIP Member

After Christmas Food

Post by DaveD » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:32 pm

In the fridge I have found a packet of streaky bacon. In the freezer I have found a packet of six finger rolls. If you fry the streaky bacon you can place two strips in each roll. MMMmmmm yummy. I like after Christmas treats, dont you?
All my trifle has been eaten, all the mince pies have gone, The Christmas cake is still waiting to be eaten. In Tesco sale I have bought two Christmas pudds (£1 each) for later in the year. How long now till Easter?

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: After Christmas Food

Post by mitera » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:25 pm

Dave !!! ohhhh how could you eat anymore !!! well streaky bacon for me is a no no ..too fatty bit like me hahha :shock: i dont seem to be able to eat fat, unless of course its in the guise of chocolate or cheese :blush: :blush: , i like back bacon, and hubby being a butcher i have lots in the freezer athough i find it goes salty when ive cooked it after defrosting , trifle .. well i cant eat cream, ice cream and cooked cream yes, but for some reason cream hates me. Mince pies , yep now your talking , ive still got loads and they are yum , except if i ever see another one i will explode then die.. after Christmas its the only time of year i cant wait to get on a diet lol, even though ive tons of sweets left i dont want them when im allowed , i only want them when im on a diet .. what is it they say.. forbidden fruits taste sweeter , They sure do !!!! :blush:

DaveD
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by DaveD » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:33 pm

All gone now, just the biscuits to eat. I might buy some 'Monkey Nuts' from Tesco when I pass that way. I forgot how good they taste. I still have enough to rustle up two more trifles if I have to though.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:28 pm

Just brought six Christmas Puddings today for the price of one before Christmas. Could not resist it. They do keep well. With the exception of pickles everything else has gone. However, we have taken a liking to Smoked Gammon, and have brought a joint over the last two weekends. I have cooked it on Sunday. We have sliced gammon with Cauliflower Cheese for dinner Sunday evening, Pea and Ham soup tonight, Macaroni Cheese with gammon during the week, plus lunches with a bit of salad. All the fat it trimmed off, salt soaked out, so a fairly healthy means of food we think. It is better than bl**dy turkey.......... rofl rofl rofl :dup: :dup:

DaveD
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by DaveD » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Six puddings= heaven to me. Cauliflower cheese, good man Chris, thats what I could do for tomoz. Thanks buddy :good2: ... cook3

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:36 pm

Yum i love Christmas pudding , just a shame im starting to look like one :blush: :blush: :blush: lol

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:15 am

Hi Mi (Pudding) tera rofl

I too love Christmas Pud,, I had one last night with clotted cream and I was in heaven :dup: :dup:
Maybe lucky to get another two or three from the shops before they totally disappear till next year :good2:

Cheers

Al :comp:

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:37 am

On our weekly shop outing yesterday, we found that our local supermarket was selling their last Christmas Puddings at a very large discount.
They normally retailed at around £10, but had been reduced to £3 each. I purchased four, and that was only because a lady wanted the other two,
or I would have had the lot. They keep for ages. Elaine has this morning cooked one, and is now breaking it down and making a kind of Puff Pastry
Mince Pie with the pudding as a filling. Looking forward to one of them later with a cuppa.

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:17 pm

lI most likely wont see another Christmas pudding till next Christmas, , but thats fine as i look forward to it, thats what makes it special, and im on my usual diet before the summer holidays :ddown: :ddown: , maybe you should all belong to the pudding club !!! rofl rofl rofl especially Al for that comment :grr: :grr: hahha i get you back dont worry . ty:

DaveD
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by DaveD » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:09 pm

Ohh just found a packet of Eat Me dates in the cupboard! :dup:

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:17 pm

Hi

Dates,,,,,Dates,,,,, :ddown: That is one thing I dislike, I have never understood how anyone could like them :ddown: :ddown: :ddown:
Dates =Not for me :shock: :ddown:

Cheers

Al :comp:

DaveD
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by DaveD » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:01 pm

Ill have yours then Al, thanks. :good2:
The Eat Me dates have been eaten..

handyman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by handyman » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:20 am

γάδο και το κόκκινο κρασί (Cod and red wine) before and after christmas............!!

All buds
deserve
to flourish.

:comp:

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:32 am

Dates are delicious, in fact one of my favourite fruits, specially the large Medjool Dates. They are sweet, but not unhealthy, and great on their own
as well as in cakes and other deserts. Of course the best dates are those picked straight from a ripe Date Palm, as one lazes on the sands and beaches.