Thank you for sharing

Cheers

Al :comp:

DaveD
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Sunset over Lockerbie

Post by DaveD » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:12 pm

How do you do that Al, post a picture? Thats one thing I cant do on this forum is post a picture. :ddown:

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Me too ive often thought about it Dave, wasnt sure how to, maybe its just as well hahah, me with a few ouzos downed drinks drinks isnt a pretty sight hahha

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:04 pm

Hi thanks for the link Kathy, in fact its not the fact i cant download my pics from my pc as i can on facebook and e mail its just i didnt know how to get them on here, cheers anyhoo drinks

DaveD
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by DaveD » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:08 pm

I agree with Mitera, face book, and other forums sites galore no problem but Corfu forum I can never post anything without going through Al so I dont bother. Trouble is you are all missing out on so much, still thats the way it is.

DaveD
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by DaveD » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:57 pm

Sent you one too. That site isnt safe. My computer has now blocked that site.

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:48 am

My pc has told me its an unsafe site as well. thanks anyway Kathy :suun:

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:31 pm

Hi

I did try to explain to Dave, the fact that thousands of people use that site to store & share photos on that site and I have visited
it also and did not have any problems, only makes me think it's down to the sensitivity of your own anti-virus / firewall.
The site uses a lot of java script in its programming which can be detected on many anti-virus / firewall software and think it is a Virus or the site is unsafe,, I personally use Microsoft Security Essentials (Free) and I will say it's one of the best on the market today!!

I have used Norton / McAfee / Alta vista and AVG to name but a few, but the worst one's I have used are the ones I have had to pay for and I will say hand on heart NEVER AGAIN !!!

There are many site to use for photo sharing like:-
http://photobucket.com/

http://imageshack.us/

I have used Image Shack based in the US and found it very good,, but I will leave it up to you to find a good photo hosting site that suites your needs

All the Best

Al :comp:

Julie12

Post by Julie12 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:21 pm

Your picture made me fall in love with this beautiful place even more! My husband and I are planning a trip there this summer in late July. I am planning on visiting so many sites including Lockerbie. Looks like it might be a step up from watching the sun set in our swimming pools kansas city
Last edited by Julie12 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DaveD
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by DaveD » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:46 pm

Howdy Julie12, Kansas City, isnt that where Dorothy and her dog Toto lived? My Dad was there in 1940 training to be a fighter pilot. The steaks were so big they overlapped the plate he says and the RAF boys had never seen so much meat on one plate. Thanks to your Air force pilot instructor guys we are here today. Kansas City and Dallas are on my list of places to go before I go, if you know what I mean. Dave.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:45 pm

Hi Kathy, have you or anyone been watching the Northern Lights that have blessed the norther skies over the last night or two. Something we
do not get down south, but I have seen them myself on a number of occasions when at sea whilst serving in the Royal Navy, specially when on
the Iceland Patrols for the Cod Wars.

DaveD, tinypics, imageshack, and photobucket are all good photo uploaders. I have used them all, in particular tinypics and have never
experienced any problems with it. I have been using tinypics on another forum this morning with great success, again, no problems with it.

The uploading of photos does make holiday posts much more interesting to view