HELP!! Travel agent makes a hash of our holiday..ahhhh

Welcome to the Pool Side, A place to chat about anything

Moderator: Al

DaveD
VIP Member
VIP Member

HELP!! Travel agent makes a hash of our holiday..ahhhh

Post by DaveD » Tue May 22, 2012 8:48 pm

We may be going to Greece after all. We booked a holiday to Malta for a change last week. Today I was informed by the travel agent that the self catering apartment we had booked and paid for has been down graded to a room with half board. Apparently the double bed self catering apartment which appears in the brochure is not available in June (it is clearly shown available from May 1st onward). The holiday company have informed me the travel agent has boobed BIG time? (cant have its shown in the brochure?). Now I have arranged and paid for an airport hotel, paid for my holiday insurance and our rail tickets to/from Stanstead. Just how much compensation should we seek? :mail:

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: HELP!! Travel agent makes a hash of our holiday..ahhhh

Post by mitera » Tue May 22, 2012 10:32 pm

Im realy sorry abour your Malta holiday.. but whats for you wont go by you .. and you were meant to got to Greece !!!! you just cant get away from it .. now try Kefaloini , Assos , or Agia Efimia . you cant go wrong !!!! as for the airport hotel and the travel insurance , cant you get them changed also the rail tickets may be changed , good luck.. let us know how you get on. :suun: :suun:

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Thu May 24, 2012 5:08 pm

If you still want to go to Malta Dave, then insist with the Travel Agent to upgrade you to another hotel at no extra cost. Keep at them, they want your business, and it is better for them to lose a few pounts on an upgrade than to lose the whole lot. We had a similar problem on a trip to Madeira three years ago. We insisted on an upgrade, or a similar accommodation, which we got. We originally had a 3 star hotel, and was upgraded to a 5 star brand new hotel at no extra cost.

DaveD
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by DaveD » Thu May 24, 2012 7:39 pm

Hi all, well its all sorted now. The Travel agent (co-op) were wrong they jumped the gun and sold us something that wasnt on offer. The tour operator did their best and got us what we wanted. Never been to Malta G.C. thats going to be a treat for both of us. We are going to the sleepy GOZO where we can walk and talk in its quietness and laid back slowness. Both our fathers have touched Malta during the war. My wifes Dad in the Navy and mine in the RAF. We are looking forward to this one.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:03 pm

Glad you got it sorted Dave because you will enjoy Malta. I have served there when in the Royal Navy, visited on warships, and holidayed there once, and I love the place. My daughter and her partner are there at this time, staying in the north of the island.

Do let us know how your holiday went. The Hopleaf is good.

DaveD
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by DaveD » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:15 pm

Thanks Chris, we are staying on Gozo for our two weeks self catering. We like snorkeling and have never been to Malta although our fathers both have. Mine as an RAF pilot and Georgies as a sailor aboard a AA ship bound for Crete.
We are staying at a Moby dives hotel (for the scuba diver) but we prefer the free swimming with snorkel and mask. Just eight days to go now!