Passports

Welcome to the Pool Side, A place to chat about anything

Moderator: Al

DaveD
VIP Member
VIP Member

Passports

Post by DaveD » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:28 pm

The guy behind me in the queue for the Ryanair flight home informed me that his passport runs out the next day. On arrival at Stanstead he was in front of me and he waltzed straight through! So much for having a passport with three months on it, like the Travel Agent advised me. I paid £80 odd quid for a barametric passport with the wire gubbins on the back and the grubbiest photo of me in the world an I still have'nt found a 'walk through' facility yet. Whats going on? :shock:

Al
Admin
Admin

Re: Passports

Post by Al » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Hi DaveD

And I bet if your tried the same they would have told you you cant fly or something like that.

We are waiting for our daughters passports to be returned from the passport office for our holiday.
We did have a phone call from the passport office Friday night (6/7/12) asking how many passports are we waiting
to be renewed and when we said two, his words were:- well that would explain why I have the old passport of our eldest
and the paperwork for the youngest, and he did say they both should be back very soon.
So much for paying that little extra for the check & priority send service at the post office.

Oh well fingers crossed.

Regards

Al :comp:

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Passports

Post by Chris » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:08 pm

I assume Dave that this happened on your return from Malta. I believe Malta is one of the countries who does not have the six month rule that is required
by some on a passport after ones holiday dates. Not all countries carry this rule. UKPS, IPS and Directgov.UK mention this.