New Photos

Ask a question regarding Liapades or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Al
Admin
Admin

New Photos

Post by Al » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:33 pm

Hi All

Just to let you know that we have some new photos up-loaded
to the "Liapades" Gallery :D

Many thanks to Weera thanky0u

Regards

Al 8)

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Well Done Weera

Post by Etsiketsi » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:49 pm

Weera

I like the Photos you have loaded in the Gallery they really captured the atmosphere of the Village and The Cricketers.

Rog

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: New Photos

Post by Chris » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:21 pm

Wonderful photographs Weera, thank you for sharing them with us and the forum.

Yeiamas, Chris

Weera

Post by Weera » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:19 am

Not at all!
I must say many thanks to Al and Rog for their help!
If I have more time in my working day (because I have Internet only in my office), I can post more photos :D/
And a little notice - the date " june 2007" is wrong, it is photos of 2008 year. but I found mistake in my camera only in september... :roll:

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:14 am

Weera

From our private conversations I seem to remember that you were there this year before me, was itn in June because all of the flowers were in bloom and that is a thing we don't often see in September.

When are you going next year? We have booked our flights and will be going on the 7 September so it would be good to meet you if you can make it at that time.

Rog

Weera

Post by Weera » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:41 am

Rog,

I am dreaming to go to Corfu in June, but now I can not say it as 100 %. I will know flight time-table only in April 2009 ( only charter flyes to Corfu from Russia).
This year in September the weather was not very good for me - too much rain ( I have rains in S-Petersburg from march until november, and it is enough for me :lol: ). Of course, to have the holidays in Liapades under rain is much-much better than to work in office, when the sun is shining :lol: .
I want to meet you in real life in Liapades. Maybe I will have second part of my vacations in September... You will arrive in Corfu on the 7 September and how much time you will spend there?
If I only can I want to spend my time on Corfu from early spring until late autumn...

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:10 am

Weera

This year it was ove 30 degrees and no rain it was too hot even for me and I like it really hot.

Sptember is the best time as Spyro, Nicko, Costa, Annila and Monica have time to spend talking to you. Earlier in the year it is too busy for them to talk as they don't have the time. We even manage to go swimming with the local girls and their children and we take lunches and go with them to local Beaches.

Rog

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:12 am

Weera

Sorry we go for two weeks and return home on 21 September.

Rog

Weera

Post by Weera » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:12 am

Rog,
I know that ussually the weather is good in September, but this year in period 14-24 in September (when I was in Liapades) there were many rain days and weren't days with blue clear sky without grey clouds ( maybe it was surprise espessially for me . The weather decided that it is too smartly for Vera to have a rest on Corfu two times a year :lol: ). Of course, the seawater was warmer in September than it was in June.
But in period 1-13 in September the weather was very good, you are right!
And the most flowers were in bloom in June. I spent my time in Liapades on 16-30th in June, the first week was very good (it wasn't hot and there wasn't a lot of people), the second week was very hot (about 45 degrees), and after 20th in June a lot of people began arrive on Corfu - hot turistic season.

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:21 am

Hi Vera

We first went to Liapades at the same time as you (Middle of June) and it was lovely. We then went in August and it was too hot 45+ never again. It was at this point that we had a look in September and boy oh boy what a lovely surprise. Not too hot, not so many people and most important of all, for us, the local people had a bit more time to spenmd talking to us and this is possibly the main reason we go to Liapades, the people.

If it rains once or twice during our holiday so what? For these two weeks we become Corfiotes and if we suffer with the rain so do the locals. We just love it whatever it's like.

Rog

Weera

Post by Weera » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:34 am

I posted some new photos in Liapades gallery...

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:47 am

Fantastic photographs Weera, brings sunshine into the home. Many thanks for your contributions to the gallery.

Yeiamas, Chris