Agathos Traditional House

Ask a question regarding Liapades or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

BobT

Agathos Traditional House

Post by BobT » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:47 am

Can anyone please help with information on the above property? We are looking for a studio and a two-bedroom apartment, preferably near the village for 2 weeks from 28 August.

Agathos House came up one the www.greekhotels.gr website but the photo looks suspiciously like the Papoulis Apartments.

I see that the Agathos family run the Wind and Waves, referred to the previous excellent report on Liapades, I assume it's the same family .

Many thanks

Bob

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Agathos Traditional House

Post by Etsiketsi » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:05 am

Bob

I have followed that link but can't find the place you're enquiring about. Can you give us a better link direct to the Apartment?
Rog

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:27 am

Bob

I found it but I have to admit that it doesn't ring a bell with me and I know that village like my own back garden. On the face of it, it is very similar to the Wind and Waves owned by my friend Spiros Agathos but when I checked the telephone number it isn't the same as the one I have for him or the one mentioned on other parts of the Internet.

You could be right about it being the Papoulas Apartments but I'm just not sure. I can recomend the Wind and waves to you whole heartedly as Spiros and his wife Lola (who we have known since she was 8 years old) are the loveliest people you will find. For meals you would only have a short walk to the Cricketers taverna where we stay. You would also have the advantage of their entertainments two or three times a week.

One other bonus for you is that you and I could meet up as we go on the 7 Sept so it would only be a few days but think of the enjoyment you'll have. :smile: :lol:

Rog

BobT

Post by BobT » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:35 pm

Thanks Rog

Is there a website for Wind and Waves? I couldn't find one. If not, maybe you could tell me what they have available in terms of accommodation and facilities? As I indicated before, we are after a studio (for my wife and me) and a 2-bedroomed (ideally) apartment for my daughter, her husaband, and 3 year-old son.
Since my last entry I have found the Liapades Beach Hotel which seems to have studios and apartments do you have any knowledge of this hotel? It seems to be linked to the Cricketers where you stay.

Bob

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:59 pm

Bob

The Liapades Beach is where we have been going for the past 22 years. They have a couple of two Bedroomed Apartments. The also have about 40 other double rooms that are usually let on a half Board basis, rooms are equiped with TV, Phone and Safes. They have a Pool with Pool Bar and Games Room. All meals are taken on the Dining Terrace and has a Bar.

Twice a week entertainment is provided in the form of Greek Dancing a Pop Group with sometimes a a Duet of Guitars on other nights. A Barbecue is put on once a week and local walking tours can be arranged.

I am in contact with Spiros the owner on a regular basis and if you need more info let me.

Rog

BobT

Post by BobT » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:09 pm

Thanks Rog

I have already sent a resedvation enquiry via the Hotel website, according to that they also have studios.
Now waiting for a response. Hope they check their messages fairly frequently!

Bob

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:26 pm

Bob

Try e-mailing here nicopagiatis@gmail.com. Nico is Spiros best mate and takes care of a lot of his business during the Summer. Tell him that Roger Blake told you to e-mail him and tell him about your requirements I'm sure you'll get a fairly quick responce.

Rog

BobT

Post by BobT » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:09 pm

Rog

Thanks for that.

It might be easier if we spoke directly to Spiros. especially as there are likely to be a few follow-up questions. I have tried phoning the hotel direct, on the number on the website, but there's no response. I assume that they live elsewhere during the winter, do you have an alternative number?

Bob

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:40 pm

Bob

The only number I've got for Spiro is 0030266304111. I'll will send you my own e-mail addy by Personal Message and we can talk that way then I give you more info.

Rog