Liapades Visitors Increased

Ask a question regarding Liapades or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Liapades Visitors Increased

Post by Etsiketsi » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:25 pm

I was told that the number of visitors this year to the village had increased considerably over the number last year. They were referring potential customers to Paleocastritsa as every room in the village was taken. It seems that was completely the opposite to how the rest of the Island had faired.

Perhaps Bob T can tell us what he learned from his experiences over there.

Rog

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Liapades Visitors Increased

Post by Chris » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:23 pm

My friends also returned from Corfu this morning, and have also said that numbers have increased on the east side of the island, in Gouvia. However, Kontokali, a Km down the road was like a ghost town except for the evening when some from Gouvia came into to the infamous G&Ms Bar, etc. They also indicated that the two or three visits to Corfu Town was also busy, particularly in the evenings. It is good to hear of this, likewise with Liapades and west coast resorts. Roda in the north has been doing well also.

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:10 pm

We were told that Sidari was like a ghost town.

Rog

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:45 pm

I have friends who live in Peraloudes and work in and around Sidari. They have been living out there for four years now. They report that Sidari is doing well, although it was quiet out the outset of the season, and has dropped off more than usual after the school holidays in UK finished. Still fairly active at this time though.

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:30 am

We only passed thro' Sidari on the way to Acharavi and the numbers certainly appeared to be down. It wasn't deserted but it wasn't thronging with people as in previous years, nor was Acharavi.

Rog

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:45 am

I suppose resorts like Sidari who probably has the biggest tourist populus notices when there is a drop in visitors, who have been enticed elsewhere by the TOs. Likewise with Acharavi. However, Roda appears to be doing well this season from reports on the Roda Forums. This could be down to the fact that from what I can gather, Roda has more or has increased its Independent Accommodation.