Liapades History Replies

Ask a question regarding Liapades or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

sallyanne

Re: A Liapades History

Post by sallyanne » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:51 am

Hi all

I visited Yefira in (I think it was) 1971 when I spent the summer hitching from UK to Greece and `island-hopping` as we all did in those days during uni hols. We camped on some flat ground near a small taverna called Nikos` taverna. I have a photo still of it and us nearby and Yefira beach in those days. Am wondering if it is the same place as Liapades Hotel after reading your history of Liapades - the photo with it`s arches on front of the building could be origins of same building? I plan to return there in June this year, but realize my memories will be spoilt and it will be SO different. Then there was only a rough road down to the beach and path up to Nikos`. NO-ONE but us on the beach and NO houses, apartments etc. anywhere around!! We (my boyfriend and I) met up with 4 other campers/hitchers maybe from Germany or Austria - it`s so long ago I don`t remember clearly but have photos of them and we all stayed by Nikos` in olive grove. THOSE WERE THE DAYS..........Does anyone else remember Yefira from that time?

Sally-Anne

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:45 am

SallyAnne

How lucky you were seeing it those days. I have been going at least once a year for 23 years and have seen many changes.

It would have been the Liapades Beach/Cricketer Taverna as that was the first to open in Liapades. Nicko has often said that an Ouzo was three Drachma and how for 100 Drx you could get a three dourse meal, a bottle of wine and and a tip for the waiter. The year the drachma finished we got abot 400 to the £.

Rog

sallyanne

Post by sallyanne » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:48 pm

Hi
Would that still be the Niko we knew then 40 years ago? How old is the Niko you mention now? I can`t wait to go there again in spite of the obvious huge changes....
SA

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:58 pm

SallyAnne

Nicko Goulis is now about 83/84 his wife Staphrula is about 78. They have one son Spiro who is about 43 who went to Athens University and gained degrees in Law and Economics, he has Managed the Cricketers Taverna/Liapades Beach for almost twenty years. Spiro built the Beach hotel and installed the Pool etc in the late 1980's. Take your Photo's with you they will love to see them, can you post them here please?

They are very much as they have always been and haven't changed (apart from getting older) since we first knew them.

If you like I will e-mail them and tell them you are coming in June, I know you would get a special welcome.

Enjoy your visit and tell them that Rog and Sue send their love.

Rog

sallyanne

Post by sallyanne » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:21 pm

Hi again

Yes please e-mail and tell them what I`ve told you - I`m waiting for reply from them re. my booking enquiry for June or end August. We live in Greece (southern Peloponnese) and want to go as soon as children have finished exams at school (usually 2nd or 3rd week June) or just before they return to school end August. Will you be going there this summer? Of course I`ll take my photos (although rather faded now) and I`ll try and post them here too.
SA

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:43 pm

SallAnne

Here is Spiro's phone number 00302663041115. The best person to e-mail is a guy called Nico Pagiatis, Nico is Spiro's lifelong friend and now works at the Cricketers during the summer. Here is his e-mail nicopagiatis@gmail.com. Tell him that Rog gave you the information and I'm sure he will treat it with urgency.

We are going this year about 20th Sept, it is the first time we have been that late as we done May, June, July, August and early September but this year we have to be home for my nieces 40th Birthday.

Rog

sallyanne

Post by sallyanne » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:34 am

Many thanks....
SA

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:45 pm

SallyAnne

I have contacted my friends in Liapades and have had a reply. If you PM me your e-mail I will copy it to you and you can then refer to it when you mail them again.

Rog

sallyanne

Post by sallyanne » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:40 pm

Forgive my stupidity but how do I privately send you my e-mail address/
SA

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:10 pm

SallyAnne

In any Post sent by me just Click on my Username "Etsiketsi" and this will take you to my Profile.

In the bottom half of the screen is a an area identified as "CONTACT ETSIKETSI". Here you will see PM: Send Private Message just Click on it and it will take you to a Compose Message Box, just type info and send it, it will then appear in my Inbox.

Rog

sallyanne

Post by sallyanne » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:04 am

Hi
Hope I did it correctly and you received it?
I`ll sort out photos of Yefira etc. as soon as I can and post. At present trying to get to UK for 2 weeks hol but obvious problems!
SA

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:48 am

SallyAnne

Haven't received a PM yet. You probably forgot to click the SEND Button. To check, go into you PM's and click on Outbox and see if you sent it.

Rog

Crystal

Post by Crystal » Mon May 10, 2010 11:47 am

Great info, i don't think i'll have to surf other sites to get info on Liapades, thanks! :good2:

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Mon May 10, 2010 1:46 pm

Crystal

That's great. When are you thinking of going to Liapades?

Rog

Al
Admin
Admin

Liapades History Replies

Post by Al » Fri May 14, 2010 5:57 pm

Hi All

Because the Liapades History is a work in progress, please could you use this thread to post any
questions or your points of view for that forum here please :dup:

Big thanks

Al :cool: