A Year in Liapades

Ask a question regarding Liapades or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

A Year in Liapades

Post by Etsiketsi » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:32 pm

I have calculated that by this time next year Sue and I will have spent one year of our lives in Liapades and surrounding areas. We always go for a minimum of two weeks and, sometimes, more than just once a year so over a twenty year period that's what it works out to. Wealthy Swine I hear you say. Wrong!!! We just happen to think that we have got our priorities right. Take your enjoyment whilst you are able to make the most of it.

On a more serious note this got me to thinking about how necessary it is to be accurate in what we tell others about our experiences. For example would you commit yourself to moving somewhere new on the advice of someone who had lived there for less than a year. I wouldn't, and yet we hope that others will choose Corfu for a holiday based on our say so. To ensure that they spread the good news about what it is like there we have to be as accurate as possible in the information we give them. Now, that's a big responsibility.

I guess that what I'm doing is questioning whether or not I am in the best position to provide accurate information to others who are seeking advice on Corfu as a holiday destination. The more I think about it the more convinced I am that we are the best source of information that anyone will find. We are unbiased from a financial point of view, we offer constructive advice based on personal experiences and, we keep returning. You only have to read some of our comments about the Greek culture to see that we love the place "Warts and All". You can't get better than that.

Rog

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:29 pm

Hi Roger.

Never really looked at from that point of view. We, but moreso me have spent overall a considerable time on Corfu (not as much as you). However I think along the same lines as you do, and only feel that we can pass on our experiences of this wonderful island, but it is up to those we speak to, to find out for themselves, and make their own opinions.

Personally myself I would whole heartedly recommend Corfu to anyone and everyone, but only within my experiences. Good thoughts though.

Yeiamas, Chris.