FAO - Bazza

Ask a question regarding Liapades or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

FAO - Bazza

Post by Etsiketsi » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:10 pm

Bazza

Did you once say to me that you knew Spiro and Lola Agathos of Wind and Waves? Cos I was thinking, the girl you enquired about Aliki Agathou would be related to them in some way.

Agathou is the Feminine equivelent of Agathos which is of course masculine.

For those of you who didn't know it the Greek family name has a gender like the Greek nouns and verbs etc. So a man with the family name Mazis would have a wife who was known as Mazi (pronounced Mazee).

Just a thought Baz in case you were the guy who knew Spiro and Lola.

Rog

baza

Re: FAO - Bazza

Post by baza » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:31 am

Rog No sorry to say it was not me but if it would help she has a son and daughter both students one in Italy one in Germany but I cannot remember which. She is a very bubbly person always smiling she is a lovely lady made our holiday so memorable she did say that in the winter she and most of those in the village went around picking the olives. She did say once that everyone in the village knew her and where she lived and just to ask anyone we saw. baza

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:54 pm

Bazza

Yes it is that sort of place everyone knows everybody else. They even get to know all of the visitors. Once they start gossiping about you, you know that you have been accepted by them.

The villagers will spend hours chatting to you about people who have visited the village and of some of their escapades. It really makes you feel at home.

Rog

baza

Post by baza » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:30 pm

Rog I would have loved to go there, the pictures that are on this site look lovely, but I cannot get insurance at the moment, well I could cheapest £300 for 7 days just for what I have and I would have to apply two months before the holiday started, other things need own insurance. Other quoted £1299 for 7 days and we wanted 14 days so will have to await to see what if anything turns up. baza

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:15 pm

Baz

I sympathise mate it is very difficult. I'm finding it more expensive since I got into my sixties. I've even thought of not bothering with it. When I broke my Hip in New Zealand it was of no use at all. The number of forms they expect you to complete puts you off claiming so all of my private treatment we paid for ourselves and just bore the cost.

My attitude is if you feel OK at the time of departure is it worth the expense. If your not feeling OK it might be easier and cheaper to cancel the Holiday.

Rog