Where did you go when you were young

A place where you can add your jokes (Clean !!) Also Trivia questions, stories not related to Corfu (funny ones), quizzes on music, television. etc etc.

Moderator: Al

Anne and Tam

Where did you go when you were young

Post by Anne and Tam » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:46 pm

Where did you go on holiday when you were a child.
I went to a caravan in sunny Arbroath with my mum, dad and two brothers and we try to go back to Arbroath for a picnic every year. Best Fish and Chips ever. :dup:

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Where did you go when you were young

Post by mitera » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:00 pm

We used to go to London to see my Grandparents , also to Carnoustie and Broughty Ferry where we moved to so we didnt have to holiday there anymore :grin: as we loves it so much , were stil there , and still love its beautiful views and castle ,Also Scarborough and Bornmouth , by the way i was in Arbroath today :suun:

Anne and Tam

Post by Anne and Tam » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:06 pm

Just down the road from us. Yes Scarborough was great and we used to like Blackpool too ( before the stag and hen thing)

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:29 pm

Hi

When I was a lot younger my mum and dad used to my sister and I to Porthcawl & Barry Island in wales during our school holidays
and I thought that was great going on the funfair rides in both resorts with candy floss/toffee apples etc etc mind you I did go
a funny color after eating all that junk food and then going on the rides ..... not a good mix I must say :shock:

When I reached the age of about 11 we had a holiday abroad yes abroad....both mum & dad got better jobs and we went to Spain for the first time
and I can still remember it was with a travel company called "Hourmont Travel" we flew from Bristol on a propeller plane no Jets in those days and boy my feet were numb when we got there due to the vibration of the plane,, but we soon forgot about all the numbness when we got there,,,,, the sunny weather was fantastic, the beaches were sandy & very very clean the fun we all had was fantastic, a true holiday to remember :dup:

I guess it must be like how my daughters felt when we took them to Corfu for the first time 14 years ago for our eldest and ten years ago for our youngest and I don't think a week goes by without one of them mentioning something that happened when we were in Corfu, and now like us they get so excited when we mention were going back to Corfu for our holidays, the Grins on their faces is a sight to see :grin: :grin:

All the Best

Al :cool:

Anne and Tam

Post by Anne and Tam » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:28 pm

We took our two boys to Berwick on Tweed a couple of times when they were small and then went to Morcombe. And when my eldest met his now wife to took her to both which I thought was great.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Sat May 14, 2011 3:26 pm

Living in Bournemouth, we had our own resort, but at least once in the summer our parents would take us on a bus trip, across the Sandbanks Ferry to Swanage for the day. Although it was not far, it was a distance away from what we were use to. The added enjoyment was the large amounts of cockles and other shell fish we use to eat. Another trip was to the New Forest, and to one of the many streams and grass areas for picnics.

At 15 I joined the Royal Navy, and at 17 I sailed on my first ship, and first overseas trip. Having never been abroad before, one can imagine how happy I was to be sailing on a world trip, lasting nearly 12 months.

Jenny69

Post by Jenny69 » Sun May 15, 2011 7:18 pm

My Gran and Grandad had a caravan in Chapel St Leonards so we spent about 8 weeks a year there. Loved it. And still do to be honest. We went there last August for a week.

brianmaureen

Post by brianmaureen » Sun May 15, 2011 7:46 pm

As a kid we did alternative holidays bouremouth ,torquay .scarborough .whiteby, up to me being 16 then the isle of mann which still is my favourite place after corfu ... :suun: