Price list - please????

The Corfu Forum is the place for you to ask or answer questions about everyday items, accommodation, eating out or just taverna prices on the island of Corfu, like food, drink, car hire, excursions and much more.

Moderator: Al

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Price list - please????

Post by mitera » Sun May 06, 2012 11:32 am

Depending where you shop as its a bit like home some places are cheaper than others , there are a couple of Supermarkets in Kassiopi but if you have a car it may well be worth going to the larger supermarkets to stock up as they are much cheaper, we have been to Kefalonia the last 2 years and found it a good bit cheaper, so its possibly best to wait untill some one who lives in Corfu answers you, Janmanessi im sure lives in Corfu and looks in on this forum quite a lot so im sure she will be able to help :suun: :suun:

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Wed May 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Was hoping someone would have replied to this post by now, is there anyone living in Corfu that can answer this Question :comp: thanks drinks

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Thu May 10, 2012 10:12 am

I have personally contacted a friend on Corfu to respond to this question. He is busy, but I am sure he will respond soon.

afcb1965

Post by afcb1965 » Thu May 10, 2012 10:52 am

Hi ref prices, As you are staying in a house i would take it you'll have a hire car, as you drive upto to your house you will see plenty of supermarkers(big ones) eg AB, lidil's and others, If i was you i'd stock up in one of those, bread around 90cents for a fresh loaf..
I live up near sidari so can only tell you the price up there for eating out which are, beers from 2-4 euro, kraft of wine from 4.50-6 euro, soft drinks from around 1.50-2.50, and good fresh cooked greek meals from around 7 euro upwards. I would expect kassiopi is a little more expensive but could be wrong.
Hope this helps
Tony

janmanessi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by janmanessi » Wed May 23, 2012 3:18 pm

prices vary so much depending on quality- feta has a huge range- you ask about melon and water melon- very expensive now obviously as out of season but much cheaper later- however strawberries were 5 Euros for 4 punnets last week....but next week they could be 7 or 8 Euros for one!

Milk- do you want fresh, long life, full cream, canned- sorry but it is difficult to answer with generalities.

Chicken- whole chickens or the breast fillets- fresh or frozen.

Not meaning to be unhelpful, but one person following your shopping list could have a vastly different total to another!

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Sun May 27, 2012 11:53 pm

Im sure Jan will come on soon and let you know, to be honest i think once youve decided how much money to take you will use your budget accordingly, we average 100 euros a day, but we do eat out every day and evening plus we like the odd ouzo drinks drinks being Scottish .. lol we take that and a bit more for car hire and the odd trip we will take about 1400 pounds for 2 weeks and so far have never ran out , and thats us buying whatever we want to i do take my card just incase, but have never had to use it , last year while in Kefalonia we bought 5 huge pork chopds from the butcher for 8 euros and they were lovely as my daughter and her boyfriend wanted to cook for us .. my husband is a butcher and said they would cost that much here for one , we bought potatoes and salad and feta ,the whole meal for 5 cost 12 euros oh and carrots , we had Greek potatoes pork chop and Greek salad for 5 and it cost only 12 euros, the expensive part was the dessert i bought in the bakers 5 small cakes for 20 euros :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: you will manage fine im sure . cook3 cook3