Renting Sportscars?

The Corfu Forum is the place for you to ask or answer questions about everyday items, accommodation, eating out or just taverna prices on the island of Corfu, like food, drink, car hire, excursions and much more.

Moderator: Al

Kannath

Renting Sportscars?

Post by Kannath » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:23 am

Heya! When I go to corfu next year I will have quite a ammount that I want to use for a kickass holiday. So I was wondering, is it any companies on Corfu that rent out more sportstype cars than the others? Like a lotus or so?

Greetings

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Renting Sportscars?

Post by Etsiketsi » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:20 am

Kannarh

The most sporty car I've seen is a BMW there just isn't the roads on the island to use them you'll be luck to get out of 3rd gear. As you get into the more rural areas you'll be lucky to be going 40 KMH their roads are too narrow and winding, There are no edges to many of the roads so you could go off the edge and down steep hills onto the rocks.

I just wouldn't consider using a sports car over there.

Rog

Kannath

Post by Kannath » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:13 am

haha, good point. many years since I was there, but I do remember the roads getting better but maybe not that good. Fun thought anyway, but I do see it being unrealistic aswell.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:31 am

I would say Kannath that the only roads that have been improved would be the Paleokastritsa North Road that runs past Kontokali and Gouvia, and maybe one or two others. Unless you are a fully qualified taxi driver, then I am afraid fast driving is out of the question. Rarely have I seen a sports car on Corfu. Stick to the sedate driving and enjoy the island better and safer.

If you want to be a high flyer, then try something you would not have tried on Corfu. Take a trip in the Seaplane flying out of Gouvia Marina. This service does around the island sight seeing flights, flights to Paxos, and other routes. More information can be found by clicking on this link; AIRSEA LINES. Well worth a look at.

Yeiamas, Chris

Kannath

Post by Kannath » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:22 pm

Thank you, will prolly check that out. Hoping to get a bunch of my friends to Gouvia so we can stirr up some life next year as we've heard it's become a bit....quiet there theese days.

Kenneth

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:52 pm

Gouvia is never quiet Kannath, only when hell freezes over. When you get there, you must walk over to the next village of Kontokali and spend an evening at the G&Ms Bar, with your host, Miltos. Now that will be a very lively night of singing, dancing, fire dances, all sorts. It closes when the last man leaves. Put it this way, we have gone straight to breakfast from there in the past.

There are some very good bars, and even better night clubs in Gouvia, that cater for everyone. So it will not be quiet mate, thats for sure.

Yeiamas, Chris

Kannath

Post by Kannath » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:14 am

Last time I was there, about 4 years ago it was very quiet to be Gouvia in my eyes. No people at adonis and such, been there about 10times or more, and I feel it's been more lively before. Maybe before it was a lot of scandinavians I could identify myself with before.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:12 pm

You have night clubs such as Whispers, Tree Tops, and one or two others which are all very good, cater for all, and go on into the early hours. G&Ms in Kontokali as I mentioned. And of course if you really want to go clubbing it, then head into Corfu Town, but just before you get there, there is Night Club Alley. A row of clubs for everyone.

There is lots of very good entertainment on in all the bars in Gouvia and Kontokali, so there is not shortage of fun for all.

Yeiamas, Chris