places of interest

The Corfu Forum is the place for you to ask or answer questions about everyday items, accommodation, eating out or just taverna prices on the island of Corfu, like food, drink, car hire, excursions and much more.

Moderator: Al

hikerroeland

places of interest

Post by hikerroeland » Tue May 12, 2009 5:53 pm

Those anyone know the prices to visit museums ,churches, Achillion, Mon Repos , and other places of interest? Roeland

Al
Admin
Admin

Re: places of interest

Post by Al » Tue May 12, 2009 7:25 pm

Hi There hikerroeland

I found some prices for the attractions you requested see as follows:-

Achillion Palace, Entrance fee: 6,00 euro, this is such a beautiful place to visit, I would say a MUST GO SEE for everyone who visits Corfu. :dup:

Just outside the gates of Achillion on the other side of the road is "Billy's or Vasilakis", a local distiller of alcoholic beverages selling Ouzo, Kumquat liqueur and wines, even better you get to taste before you buy...... :grin:

Corfu Museums and Art Galleries: Municipal Art Gallery - St. Michael and St. George Palace, Kerkyra, Corfu Town, Corfu, Greece, GR
Tel: +30 26610 30443

Corfu Museums and Art Galleries: Solomos Museum (Museum of Dionusios Solomos) - Corfu Town, Corfu, Greece, GR
Tel: +30 26610 30674

Corfu Museums and Art Galleries: Museum of Palaeopolis - Corfu Town, Corfu, Greece, GR
Tel: +30 26610 41369

Corfu Museums and Art Galleries: Byzantine Museum of Corfu (Antivouniotissa Museum) - Antivouniotissa Church, Arseniou, Corfu Town, Corfu, Greece, GR
Tel: +30 26610 38313

Corfu Museums and Art Galleries: Museum of Asian Art - St. Michael and St. George Palace, Kerkyra, Corfu Town, Corfu, Greece, GR
Tel: +30 26610 30443

Corfu Museums and Art Galleries: Archaeological Museum - P. Vraila 5, Corfu Town, Corfu, Greece, GR
Tel: +30 26610 30680

Full admission 3 euros
Reduced admission for students from countries outside the E.U.,
citizens of the E.U. 2 euro and aged over 65 Free admission

Churches I'm sure entrance if free but a donation is always welcomed :dup:

Don't forget the old fort.....

Hope it helps

Regards

Al :cool:

hikerroeland

Re: places of interest

Post by hikerroeland » Wed May 13, 2009 12:27 pm