Credit Crunch hitting Corfu

The Corfu Forum is the place for you to ask or answer questions about everyday items, accommodation, eating out or just taverna prices on the island of Corfu, like food, drink, car hire, excursions and much more.

Moderator: Al

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Credit Crunch hitting Corfu

Post by Etsiketsi » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:20 pm

Sue, Nige and Simon

It seems to me that we are all of the same opinion here.

What I call the good Taverna's/Restaurants will succeed. These are likely to be the places that we remember, for whatever reason, and return to time after time. In general they are owned and run by what I think of as the genuine Corfiotes. The sort of people that no matter what business they are running their main intention is to provide an excellent service to their customers to entice them back. The people who are likely to be struggling are the ones who are trying to jump on the Tourist Bandwaggon to make profit. The genuine ones are likely to come from a hardworking family who began their business when the tourists were beginning to visit the Island.

I sincerely hope that our friends who come from the hardworking family side will not suffer and from what I hear they are continuing to be successful.

Rog