Financial Forecast for 2010

The Corfu Forum is the place for you to ask or answer questions about everyday items, accommodation, eating out or just taverna prices on the island of Corfu, like food, drink, car hire, excursions and much more.

Moderator: Al

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Financial Forecast for 2010

Post by Chris » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:16 am

As we approach the end of one season, I suppose we start looking towards next years holiday, and of course, what spending money we need. How much are we going to get for our GB Pound. I believe the forecast is not a lot really. Gone are the days of €1.40+, or even better exchange rates in Corfu, or wherever you holiday. I foresee for some time yet, that we will remain on a low rate, even possibly being equal exchange, €1 for £1 maybe. Even at such a low exchange rate I would still prefer to holiday abroad, rather than pay the far higher prices set here in the UK. I have scoured the hotels in my own town of Bournemouth, and the average price for 7 nights in July 2010 is around £950 for two persons on a room only basis.

Therefore it is in my opinion, regardless of the exchange rate, a holiday in Corfu still stands high as my No1 option, guaranteed sunshine, clean seas, good friendly atmosphere, wonderful food, with less fast food, and much more.

What are your views on this forecast