drinks

The Corfu Forum is the place for you to ask or answer questions about everyday items, accommodation, eating out or just taverna prices on the island of Corfu, like food, drink, car hire, excursions and much more.

Moderator: Al

brit

drinks

Post by brit » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:21 am

Hi everyone my first post.
i have heard the drink prices have gone sky high up to 8.5 euros for a beer ? :good2:

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: drinks

Post by Chris » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:55 pm

Hi Brit,

In some cases prices have risen, which considering the state of affairs in Greece would be expected. However, so far reports from the resorts is that increases have been minimal if not non existent, and prices in some cases have remained the same. I have certainly not heard of a beer costing €8.50. If it was, I am sure there may be a lot to say by the visitors. Have a look around the forum at the various resorts, and one or two topics in this section to see written evidence of prices. See this one for example, BAR PRICES

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:54 pm

Hi brit

Firstly welcome to the Corfu Web Site & Forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay :good2:
As Chris has said, prices have risen in Corfu, You may find prices slightly higher in Corfu town maybe in the bars on the Liston
but would not have thought to around €8.50 :ddown:

Bottled imported beers will be more expensive but local draught beers like mythos, Alfa I would not expect to pay around €2.85 to €3.85 and at a push
€4.00 any more than that the only way I would pay is if they were wearing a mask and called Dick Turpin lol

Regards

Al :cool:

brit

Post by brit » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:26 pm

Al wrote:Hi brit

Firstly welcome to the Corfu Web Site & Forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay :good2:
As Chris has said, prices have risen in Corfu, You may find prices slightly higher in Corfu town maybe in the bars on the Liston
but would not have thought to around €8.50 :ddown:

Bottled imported beers will be more expensive but local draught beers like mythos, Alfa I would not expect to pay around €2.85 to €3.85 and at a push
€4.00 any more than that the only way I would pay is if they were wearing a mask and called Dick Turpin lol

Regards

Thanks well thats a relief 3.5 is not to bad :cool: , just had a post card from cyprus confirming 6 euros there for a beer :shock:

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:26 pm

Hi brit

I will be phoning our friends in messonghi in a day or two so I will be able to find out a more correct price
well for the south of the Island, at least that should give you a better Idea of prices.

I will post my findings on this thread.

All the best

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:59 am

The prices quoted in the link placed in my last post is what is being charged in Sidari this year. Most have retained last years prices, some have increased very minimal. Certainly not to the level quoted in Brits post, or indeed as in Crete.

brit

Post by brit » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:26 am

Al wrote:Hi brit

I will be phoning our friends in messonghi in a day or two so I will be able to find out a more correct price
well for the south of the Island, at least that should give you a better Idea of prices.

I will post my findings on this thread.

All the best

cheers re MESSONGHI i sold my vw van on ebay 4 years ago in the uk to a chap that owned a aqa/ ski club on Messonghi beach he came over to pick it and drove it all the way back i would love to know if it was still there Regards Brit :cool:

CorfuChris

Post by CorfuChris » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:11 am

I have just found a holiday review site and found a cheap price for a Litre of Mythos draught at bar prices :good2: http://www.holidays-uncovered.co.uk/gre ... ments.html :dup:1 litre = 1.75975326 Imperial pints :shock: .If this is true it's a coincidence that the family and I are going there,so I'll see if its correct. :sunb:plus if its definitely true I won't be coming back. :bye2:

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:26 pm

At that price Chris, you can bring back a crate for me. €2 for a litre, thats got to be the best. I look forward to your confirmation, and hope it is the price shown for your holiday.

CorfuChris

Post by CorfuChris » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:57 pm

As I said if it's that price I won't be coming back,probably on my back :lazy:

markyapp1

Post by markyapp1 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:42 am

Hi,
Just got back from Acharavi/Roda and was only paying 1.50 - 2.00 euro for a large beer in the bars!

CorfuChris

Post by CorfuChris » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:19 pm

CorfuChris wrote:I have just found a holiday review site and found a cheap price for a Litre of Mythos draught at bar prices :good2: http://www.holidays-uncovered.co.uk/gre ... ments.html :dup:1 litre = 1.75975326 Imperial pints :shock: .If this is true it's a coincidence that the family and I are going there,so I'll see if its correct. :sunb:plus if its definitely true I won't be coming back. :bye2:
Hi all,
an update on this one as follows. 2 Euro's for a beer glass size 0.4l which I thought was an unusual measure.(Nireas Apartments).Normally found beer measures were 0.5l or 0.25l.So it was'nt true so I did come back and then went back on the 13th August to Sidari where I found the cheapest pint in Sidari was 1 Euro 0.5l in Churchills at happy hour :dup:

Chris :bye2: