Welcome to the new Corfu Prices Forum.

The Corfu Forum is the place for you to ask or answer questions about everyday items, accommodation, eating out or just taverna prices on the island of Corfu, like food, drink, car hire, excursions and much more.

Moderator: Al

Al
Admin
Admin

Welcome to the new Corfu Prices Forum.

Post by Al » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:30 pm

Hi All

Welcome to the Corfu Prices forum.
On this forum you can ask or add details of items you have bought or are thinking of buying on the Island of Corfu, like the cost of a Beer or a Bottle of wine or a meal for four etc.... the cost of Cigarettes,, the cost of a trip to Paxos or just about anything :D

Look forward to hearing from you soon goodjob

Regards

Al 8)

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Welcome to the new Corfu Prices Forum.

Post by mitera » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:26 pm

We were in Agios Gordios in June and i did find the prices a bit more expensive than Kassiopi the ouzo i bought was 4 to 5 euros in some places and we paid 4 euro each for the bread in one beach taverna , i have to say it was lovely bread but well that would be 12 quid now for a few bits of bread lol , while i dont deny the Greeks a living i thought the prices were a bit steep Greek salad 9 euros :shock: blimey and retsina 9 euros well sorry but i know the euro is bad but ill need to stop at home if this keeps up, and i have to say i preferred kassiopi . id like to try Paxos but i dont think the flight goes from Scotland so im a little stuck for ideas having been to both San stefanos . Kavos AG G and passed through Sidari Roda and wasnt too keen i like quiet places any help will be appreciated xx 8) 8)

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:46 am

Hi Mitera

Have you thought of staying at Gouvia as your main base and catching the seaplane to Paxos for a few days
at least you would be able to take in some of the beauty of paxos.

We tend to stay in messonghi for it quietness and virtually unspoilt surroundings but we have the choice to travel to Moraitika or further north and like wise to Kavos if we want the night life for a change.

Only a thought

Regards

Al 8)

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:46 am

This is the company Al was referring to Mitera. Check out the link. Some very good trips, and reasonable prices.

AIRSEA LINES - GOUVIA

Yeiamas, Chris

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:52 pm

Thanks for that Al and Chris , dont know about Gouvia i havnt had a proper look at that although i think i may have gone through it , i willl have a look and do some homework on it though ta xSusie

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:22 pm

Anything you need to know about Gouvia, or the next village along Kontokali, let me know. This is our favourite resort area. You are also only 8km away from Corfu Town, on a €1 bus ride.

Take a look at the Kontokali and Gouvia forums. I have placed a lot of information for all to view.

Yeiamas, Chris

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:46 am

Thanks for the info Chris , i think for me Gouvia may be to busy i dont like to go where there are night clubs and too many people.. yes in know i sound very unsociable but its not why i go to Greece . and know its good for resorts to have a choice for every one and i agree with that , but well for me i like quiet I would love to got to Meganissi but for the moment i cant , so and yes i did say i went to Kavos but that was 20 years ago lol . but thanks for the info any way x susie x

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:45 pm

Not wishing to appear to be selling my favourite resorts. Personally I would choose Kontokali. This village being approximately 1km from Gouva towards Corfu Town, is much more quieter, in fact in comparison, really quiet. Kontokali has many Restaurants and Tavernas, many used by the locals, such as Georges, Harry's, Zorba's and Takis. It has one or two bars, namely the Beer Bucket, and the G&Ms bar, owned by Miltos, having taken over from his father Georgios, both well known in the village. It is a lively place but is mostly Greek Dancing by Miltos and his staff, with lots of drinks flowing, mostly free if you join in the fun. Two lovely beaches, both of sand. One being part of the Kontokali Beach Hotel which is free to non residents. However, the one we choose is the smaller beach, shaded by pine trees, next to the KBH Beach, which is used by the locals, who are more than welcoming. There is a small cafeteria, selling all drinks, and snacks, mostly of the Greek variety (No burgers or hot dogs). As I said, Corfu Town is about 7km from Kontokali. All island tours can be taken from here. There are many larger or smaller accommodations such as the Takis, Spifti Prifti, etc.

Need to know more, just ask. And as they say on the TV Quiz shows, the decision is yours.

Yeiamas, Chris

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:58 am

Hi Pencelli.

I have moved your post to the Kassiopi Section, under the new thread title Kassiopi Prices 2009, as your request was pertinent to Kassiopi.

Yeiamas, Chris