Flight Only Prices

The Corfu Forum is the place for you to ask or answer questions about everyday items, accommodation, eating out or just taverna prices on the island of Corfu, like food, drink, car hire, excursions and much more.

Moderator: Al

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Flight Only Prices

Post by Etsiketsi » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:07 pm

If any of you can get to Doncaster Airport you should be able to pick up a bargain to Corfu around this time. Go HERE http://www.thomsonfly.com/en/offers.jsp?ito=2920

One of the reasons for such high prices from Bristol is the Airport Charges.

Doncasters charge is £106.

Bristols charge is £147.

I wonder why.

Chris

Perhaps our next campaign should be to get the Airport Operators to reduce their charges to Aircraft Owners that would benefit us in the long run.

Everyone.

Maybe we should all begin to e-mail our local Airports pointing out to them how expensive they are and how we are making our arrangements to fly from other Airports. If they see they are losing traffic they will begin to think about how they can make it cheaper for us all.

Rog

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Flight Only Prices

Post by Chris » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:41 pm

This is a big difference in price, but not as bad as Bournemouth, flying with Palmair. There is a few seats for tomorrow at £199 return. Next Wednesday it is £324, 3/9 = £334. Remains at this price until 24/9 when it comes down to £294. These are all flight only. The other airline who flies out of Bournemouth, Olympic Holidays (not sure which airline). When I try to book a flight only, nothing comes up.

I think local airports in some cases realise the costs involved if say for instance I have to travel to Gatwick early, either by taxi, or drive up and park. Add the cheap flight, and the travel and it could be cheaper in my case to fly from Bournemouth.

I think it is time once again to write to our airports and bring this to their attention.

Yeiamas, Chris

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Flight Only Prices

Post by Chris » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:56 am

In conjunction with the thread on taxation, I wonder if the present matter of BAA having to sell off airports, may mean a reduction in costs to the airlines, which in turn could be past on to the customer.

With regards to both threads, in particular the taxation, as Roger has stated we need to write to our local airports to get their responses and suggestions of decreases.

Yeiamas, Chris