Food and Drink Prices

The Corfu Forum is the place for you to ask or answer questions about everyday items, accommodation, eating out or just taverna prices on the island of Corfu, like food, drink, car hire, excursions and much more.

Moderator: Al

valentine

Food and Drink Prices

Post by valentine » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:19 am

Hi can you tell me how much it will cost for bottled water,meal for two i eat fish but not meat my husband eats both.the price of the local beer and wine.i hope the euro recovers by our holiday when we were in zante two years ago we got 155 euroes to the pound while we were there it was about 135euroes to the pound back home.it looks like we will need to take more money with us if it stays at the present rate.
thanks valentine.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Food and Drink Prices

Post by Chris » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:25 pm

Food and drink may vary depending on what type of Taverna or Restaurant you choose to visit. On average, you can expect to pay around €30 for a two course meal for 2. Bottled water can be €1, €1.5, or €2, again depending on where you are. Normally it is best to by the big bottles if there are more of you at the table. Beers are around €2 to €3 per bottle, some places may €0.5 to €1 cheaper. Spirits €2.5 to €3.5. Wine, again depending on what you have can vary from €8 and upwards.

The Euro is week against the GBP at the moment, but there have been fluctuating movements, but alas, I do not think we will see the same as 2006 when we were also in Zakynthos (Zante)

Yeiamas, Chris

valentine

Post by valentine » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:15 pm

Thanks chris, for letting me know prices of food and drink it sounds good.
valentine.

valentine

Post by valentine » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:22 am

Have a great holiday jimbo,what part of the island are you staying?
valerie.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:42 am

I have read recent reports from those who have been to Corfu recently, and their general comments on food and drinks prices. Yes, Greece is being hit with the exchange rate being low against the GBP, and the fuel crisis, but this is expected. However, reports are that in some resorts, which are usually higher than most prices are slightly higher than stated above in my previous post. For example in Kalami, someone commented that a meal for two with wine and beers was €50 - €60, however, they did not state how many bottles of wine or how many beers. Others visiting the same resort said they were paying per person €8 - €10 for the meals, €5 for Wine, and €2.50 for Beers. Other resorts such as Arillas were were seeing prices nearer and cheaper than the second figures in Kalami.

Some visitors to the island stated they were spending £1000 or more for a one week holiday. All I can say is they must have been living it up very well, some in my mind were more realistic and spending around £700 for two weeks. The latter was having breakfast and lunch in the hotel room or at the beach, then out in the evening for a night out. I normally estimate for the two of us around £500 - £600 per week, but then I must add, we do a lot of things when there, including a lot of shopping.

This should give you some idea of prices on Corfu at present.

All enjoy your holidays, and do not worry too much about the funds, its a once a year holiday. Enjoy it. Have fun.

Yeiamas, Chris