Just booked a villa, have a few questions..

Ask a question regarding Aghios Stefanos or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:56 am

Steve

We have hired a car every time we visit for the past 5 years using Auto-Europe over the Web see here http://www.auto-europe.co.uk/carsplash.cfm.

They are very good but one thing you need to be aware of is that Wing Mirrors and the Underside of the Vehicle will not be covered by any class of Insurance whoever you go with. You will be liable for any damage to this area of the Vehicle, it doesn't matter who you go with.

As for getting to Ag Stephanos just follow the signposts to firstly Gouvia then Ipsos and just follow the signposts up the East Coast. You should be supplied with a Map of the Island which will make things easier.

It's a piece of cake really.

Wasps can be anytime of the year but tend to be around June onwards.

Can't help with Supermarkets.

Rog

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:40 pm

Hi srobins999

We have just returned from Corfu last week and I will say the wasps were there in force, but if you don't into mad panics to try to get rid of them you will be fine, just a little wave of the menu and they will move on for a while.
Another way is if you have a BBQ then put a hot ember or charcoal an a strong plate or tin, then pour some powder coffee onto it in a mound and it will start to smoke and the wasps hate the smell but its not to bad for us,
this works as it was used in a Taverna we used very often.

As for the Supermarkets I did find this map that might help you >>>
Village Map
I hope that is the correct one..... :?

Also pop into San Stefano Travel as I'm sure they will be able to sort you out with some very Interesting Trips etc whilst your there at very good prices.

Regards

Al 8)

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:17 pm

Hi

Thanks jules t for pointing that out :oops: :oops: :oops:
I will look again and try to find another map or if you know of one jules then please add it to the post or forward it to me and I will put it on the site..

Or if anyone else knows of a map then please post away...

Cheers

Al 8)

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:00 pm

Agios Stefanos NE hosts two Supermarkets, one at the far end of the village, and another owned by Yannis above Ag Stefanos in the small village of Sinies. Ag Stefanos also hosts, two cocktail bars, Damianos and the Wave Bar. Four Tavernas, the Eucalyptus, Kaparelli, and the Taverna Gallini. Boat Hire, from Costa's Boats, something for everyone. All set in a pleasant cove on the north east coast.

I cannot add to Al's comments on MPV hire. However if it is your intentions only to use from the airport, resort, airport, then you may think about organising a transfer with a private hire company. To drive an MPV around the island for two weeks will be some feat.

However, here is a the route I think Al refers to. Follow the main road from Corfu town towards Kassiopi. As you approach to the north east beware of the roads narrowing, with lots of bends. You will find mirrors have been positioned on the bad bends to assist you. Do drive through this part of the island with much care, as the bends do suddenly appear. As you near Kassiopi, Ag Stefanos is signed on your right, take this turning and follow the narrow winding road down to the fork junction, and look for the signpost to Avalaki, and Agios Stephanos. Take the right turn {fork}and continue all the way down. This down hill road is particularly winding so drive with caution, There are some good photo points on this road, high above Stephanos. You can park on this road, and at the bottom there is a car park.

Visit Kassiopi whilst you are in the north east, another very pleasant small village and old fishing port. This is only a short ride away. You can also visit Corfu Town, a must, either by day, or preferably by night. This is achieved by boat, which can be booked at your resort travel shops.

I hope this information is of help to you.

Yeiamas, Chris

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:54 pm

Hi Steve.

I have found a couple of online transfer booking agencies that appear to be of a good reliable standard.

This one quotes approx £162.00 return journey for August 2008. The link is:

KEY TRANSFERS - CORFU AIRPORT TO AG STEFANOS NE

The next link quotes £162.00 also, which is about €225

RESORT OPPA - CORFU AIRPORT TO AG STEFANOS NE

I hope this is helpful for you. Both can be booked online.

Yeiamas, Chris.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:02 pm

May I say Alan that was a great review of your visit to the North East of Corfu, really interesting indeed. Thank you very much.

Steve if you still wish to travel from the Airport by your own vehicle, then Alan is right you need to keep away from the Corfu Town, and travel from the airport, around Corfu Town keeping the sea on your right until you reach the Paleokastritsa North Road which will take through Kontokal, Gouvia, Ipsos, Dassia and upto Agios Stefanos NE. See links below.

TOWN MAP 1

TOWN MAP 2

TOWN MAP 3

Yeiamas, Chris

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:18 pm

Hi Steve.

Looking at your link, it appears that the local shops, which I would assume is the supermarket is about 1km from your accommodation. I was thinking of the possibility that you could ask your accommodation people to leave a hospitality package at your villa, but I notice they do not do this. That would have saved time.

As you are possibly taking a transfer from the airport to Agios Stefanos, perhaps you could arrange your car before leaving the UK to be at the resort waiting for you. This way you could relay your guests to the villa, and do the shopping at the same time.

I hope this is of help to you.

Yeiamas, Chris