Public Transport

Ask a question regarding Aghios Stefanos or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Public Transport

Post by Etsiketsi » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:01 pm

Jim

Haven't used a bus in years over there we always have a car but, they used to be brilliant. Nice and cool and comfortable with upholstered seats more like Coach that a public bus service.

It may have changed a bit but I don't think so.

Rog

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:44 pm

Hi Jim.

As you probably know there are two bus companies on the island. First there is the Blue buses which basically run between Corfu Town and the east coast upto Ipsos, and across to Pelekas. The Blue buses are more of a public transport fare stage bus service, but efficient. The second service is the Green Buses, and as Roger says, more like coaches, and run what we would call in the UK a limited stop service to destinations all over the island.

I have given you the link to the Corfu Bus Time Table for both services here:

BUS TIME TABLES

Regards, Chris

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:00 am

Jimbo

We have done it both ways but for the last five years we have had a car for each of the two weeks we spend in Liapades it allows us to revisit the small villages we love so much.

We have just booked the car for this year the prices have come down from £600 for two weeks to about £400. It is by far the best way to see the Island.

If you look at the Liapades Forum and read my Thread on a "Drive Around The North West" you will understand that we could never see that or our visit Nymfes, as we do, without the car.

Rog

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:11 am

Jimbo

I concur completely with Oz regarding M/Bikes and Scooters they are not all well maintained and the roads do not lend themselves to riding them except for a really experienced rider.

Full Insurance on Corfu does not mean the same as it does in the UK and there are many exclusions to the cover that you might never be aware of unless you have an accident.

As Oz and I have already said a Car is by far the safest way to see the Island. It opens up an avenue of exploration to see places you never hear of through the Tourist Operators or Media. Get a car and spend your time driving and getting lost it's brilliant. Remember the Island is only 45 miles long by 23 miles wide at it's widest point so you are never far from your home base.

Rog