Villa Theia and Local Information

Ask a question regarding Arillas or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Villa Theia and Local Information

Post by Chris » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:33 pm

The following message was received by me from Sara, a new member who has requested the following link to a private rental property be placed on this forum.

I'm wondering if you could provide a link to our villa which is available to rent. Afraid I don't have my own website [yet], so far I've managed without one. Arillas & the surrounding areas were a lot quieter this year, although I was fully booked for this season. If I can promote the area & the struggling businesses I will. Let me know what you think?

VILLA THEIA & LOCAL INFORMATION

The above link can also be found in the Arillas Links Section.

Sara

Re: Villa Theia and Local Information

Post by Sara » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:34 am

Thank you for posting my link Chris.

I first discovered Arillas in 2000 & fell in love with the place. We have been to several other places since - Zante, mainland Greece, Cyprus, Crete, Minorca & Majorca, to name a few, but quite simply nowhere else compared to Arillas & Corfu. I love the scenery, the beautiful sunsets, the lovely local people & the fantastic tavernas - so in 2007, when an endowment was paid out to us, we decided to buy a plot of land with the money & the rest as they say is history. In 2008 we found an excellent builder, who built our dream home.
We will retire there one day, but until then we will just have to make do with spending a few weeks a year there.

Sara

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:33 pm

Hi Sara,

Thank you for your introduction, and an insight in how you found Corfu. Having read thoroughly through your link on the property, and its surrounding areas, it has certainly made me think, once I am truly fit to travel, of taking advantage of your superb Villa, and Arillas. I know of two other couples who would be willing to share. I will let you know in time to come. Maybe next year, or 2011.

Like you we have travelled to other Greek Islands and the mainland, and to other destinations, but over the years have always come back to Corfu, and in some years, even had a double holiday to get our dosage of this wonderful island.

We look forward to hearing more from you Sara, and any photos you may have for the Arillas Gallery

Sara

Post by Sara » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:24 pm

Hi Chris,

I've sent some photos to admin of Arillas, Afionas & a few of Agios Georgios & San Stefanos [north]. Choose whichever you think are the best ones.
You wouldn't be disappointed if you chose to visit Arillas. Four of my next years bookings are repeat bookings & Arillas in general, get so many people returning year after year - it has something very special.

Sara

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:02 pm

Thank you Sara. I shall look forward to seeing them when posted up by Al. We have in the past thought of visiting the north west of the island as a change from the east coast. Just might take that into consideration. Glad to hear the business is doing well.

Daniel

Post by Daniel » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:00 pm

Please allow me to serve as an independent reference. I was shown around Villa Theia last spring after I asked to see some work of a building company in that area.
Villa Theia is clearly built to high standards, with generous bedrooms and very stylish bathrooms and kitchen. It is decorated in a tasteful way with very comfortable furniture. The outdoor spaces are wonderful, especially with the gorgeous views to the sea from the large pool area.
I think it provides a perfect base for a wonderful vacation.

Sara

Post by Sara » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:05 pm

Thanks Daniel. We are more than happy with our villa & if anyone is looking for a builder in the North West, I would be happy to recommend ours. Despite the bad weather in the winter, the build took just 6 months to complete. We were giving a completion date & our builder didn't let us down. Some days he had up to 15 workmen on site. They all worked very hard to create 'our dream' home.

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:25 am

Hi

If my wife has taken all the hints I have been dropping for my Birthday Prezzi I will be in Corfu late April / May for a long weekend
and I intend to get out and about taking photos for the site.
I have not visited Arillas only passed through whilst driving to other locations so may try to get there this year, of course the other
way is to visit Arillas when we come over in August for our summer family holiday.

We will just have to see how it goes

Regards

Al :cool: