arakoria taverna

Ask a question regarding Benitsas or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

gally

arakoria taverna

Post by gally » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:15 pm

Hi new to the forum but have travelled to corfu more than a dozen times the last time staying at paleo i will be returning in september staying at kerkyra hotel in messongi village we will prob be hiring a car and would love to visit some old haunts and just wondered if they were still open particularly the arakoria restaurant( just out side benitses on the road to moratika) also is the belvedere hotel on the same road still open
thanks gally :cool:

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: arakoria taverna

Post by Chris » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:26 pm

Hi Gally, welcome to the forum. Having logged on and seen your post, unfortunately I cannot help you in answering your question as I do not frequent that part of Corfu. However, our illustrious leader is more knowledgable on that area, and as soon as he logs on and sees your question no doubt he will reply. In the meantime, if you have anymore questions please do ask away.

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:32 pm

Hi gally

Sorry for the delay,, the "belvedere hotel" has not updated it's Rates/prices since 2009 it's showing blank
also I tried to enquire about a booking on-line and I was unable to do so,, not looking to good in that department
at the moment sorry....

The "arakoria restaurant" I have noticed it on the way to messonghi, but we have never had a meal there, I did phone our friends and he was going to take a look if he was passing, well you know what Greeks are like you either get the answer straight away or in a week or so ....
Sorry I'm not having much luck for you.. but I will keep trying...

We with be in Corfu in August so If I dont hear anything I will drive up and take a look then

All the Best

Al :cool:

gally

Post by gally » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:51 pm

Hi al and thanks for taking the time to reply ,i am thinking if the messongi beach hotel has closed down the belvedere as fallen also, as i believe they are owned by the same people ,we stayed at the belvedere , regency , and messongi beach hotels loved each and every one always ate at the arokoria not sure if im spelling it correctly :spec: , always got excellent service very friendly and extremely helpful even driving us back to the messongi hotel at night after one or two too many we have been back to corfu a few times since but never visited as we stayed in dassia and then paleo, last time we visited arakoria it was prob around 1994 we have some great photos it would be great to take them back and show them , we will be there 16th september regards gally :sunb:

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:02 pm

Hey gally

Good to see you again, we will be in Corfu Aug 6th and I will take a drive along to see what
I can find.
Also did you get the PM I sent you ?

Best Regards

gally

Post by gally » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:02 pm

Hi al yes thanks got the pm very informative thanks i mentioned to my husband about the fishermans we will prob call in i cant wait to go back to corfu

janmanessi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by janmanessi » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:02 am

yes the Belvedere is closed.

Arokaria is open- went to a birthday celebration there last month.

If you are in messonghi also go along rthe Boukari Road to Steki tou Psarou- (Fisherman's Haunt)- a lovely place also.

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:17 am

Hi janmanessi

I know the Fisherman's very well, we always stay just around the corner from there, we will be there in Aug 6th :good2: can't wait.
Another nice little taverna is carry on along past fisherman's and you will find Elana's on the right, nice BBQ style oh and I just love the meat balls
they are so nice all washed down with either an ice cold Alfa or local wine or two...... :good2:

All the Best

Regards

janmanessi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by janmanessi » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:01 am

do try the Corfu beers too- they are really good