benitses

Ask a question regarding Benitsas or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Lymmbo

Re: benitses

Post by Lymmbo » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:09 pm

I think the night club may have been Spiro's on the Beach, and I think Alexander is still around. I haven't seen her for a few years, but when we visit Benitses every year, I have asked other people and she is still living. The part of Benitses you were in has now gone much quieter with a lot of closed bars, but the old village of Benitses is thriving especially with the creation of the new marina.

We have been visiting every year since 1976 sometimes twice a year, and still love the village and have many friends there. Hopefully I will be able to answer questions about Benitses if anybody has any queries

janmanessi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by janmanessi » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:51 pm

Alexandra (known as Danda) Poulis is very much alive (she must be younger than me so is hardly ancient!). She lives in Benitses.

Sadly her brother Spiros died some years ago, but she has another sister also alive

janmanessi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by janmanessi » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:50 pm

have been asking around and finally was told today that Lynn Zochios lives in Moraitika now. Unfortunately her husband got mixed up in some schemes and is apparently in prison

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Hi LennyGhirl1

Next time "janmanessi" is online he will pick up the message and reply to you for sure.
You have a PM also

Regards

Al :cool:

NIKOBEANZ

Post by NIKOBEANZ » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:19 pm

I remember Lynn and Alexandra,when i was there in 2002,i think lynn worked in the Clinic,she also used to do a few odd jobs,she cut my hair when i was there didnt do a bad job....Ben :smile:

janmanessi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by janmanessi » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:05 pm

I think the perscn who did your hair was probably Linda-from Newcastle, as she has also worked in the doctor's surgery in addition to hairdressing for years now- ever since she closed down her own salon because of the high overheads, She is different to the Lynn being talked about in this thread.

NIKOBEANZ

Post by NIKOBEANZ » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:19 am

Sorry my mistake,yes i remember Linda was from Newcastle,thanks.Ben

janmanessi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by janmanessi » Tue May 03, 2011 3:31 pm

actual;ly it has not changed too much, except that there is now a marina and gardens and a playground where there used to be a gravelly wasteland- all in all an improvement!

gas

Post by gas » Wed May 18, 2011 8:30 pm

hi to all
your posts bring back some old memories.
i just found a page with info about the tourist past of Benitses especially for the 60s and 80s on corfubenitses.gr/benitses-tourist-evolution-eng.html there is also a small paragraph there about that club Spiros on the beach...read it,looks interesting.

hoddok

Post by hoddok » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:28 pm

I Have also visited in benitses at 2007 and i want to know that is there a disco in the hotel potamaki. Is it a outside disco? I was on corfu sun hotel and it is near potamaki. Every night there heard disco music from potamaki area. We heard it in our room when doors was closed and then in the evenings and at the night we sat on our balcony and listened the music. Aah. I don't want to go to disco but i like music. It was nice and warm greece night and dark and then we heard music and laughing. One song was Yves Larock - Rise Up.

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:05 pm

Hi hoddok

Welcome to the corfu web site & forums, thank you for taking the time to register and we hope you enjoy
your stay with us :dup:

Look forward to hearing more from you,, :good2:

I found this for you just to bring everything back for you,, :dup: Happy memories drinks
All the Best

Al :comp:

hoddok

Post by hoddok » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:06 am

Yes it is happy memories :grin:

janmanessi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by janmanessi » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:09 pm

not strictly speaking a disco but they sometimes have music and dancing in the entranceway of the hotel.

janmanessi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by janmanessi » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:11 pm

not strictly a disco but there is sometimes music and dancing in the courtyard.