OLDER MUM & 14 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER

Ask a question regarding Kalami, Kaminaki, or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

hoxtonwoman

OLDER MUM & 14 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER

Post by hoxtonwoman » Sat May 02, 2009 5:27 pm

My daughter and I are on our own this year and I'd love to return to Corfu (it's been a long time!). Kalami looks wonderful, but i'm worried about whether my daughter will find other kids of similar age.. if she's happy, then I'm likely to be - although would be nice to find friendly people for me to chat to occasionally. Should I take her somewhere more touristy is suppose is my dilemma, which isnt my preference!

Has anyone got any recommendations or comments. be very grateful

Thanks ever so,

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: OLDER MUM & 14 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER

Post by Etsiketsi » Sat May 02, 2009 5:59 pm

Hoxtonwoman

From my experience most young people seem to enjoy the quieter resorts as well as the busier places. By Tourist standards where I go isn't the liveliest place on earth when compared to this country but, young people are loved and welcomed by the Corfiote people and when you are in a quieter place the locals have a better chance to get to know them. This also applies to the kids themselves and very often it becomes a great opportunity to learning experience for them on other cultures.

I have seen families with four lads between the ages of ten and fourteen really enjoying themselves. Being a quieter place they take an interest in life around them rather than relying on man made entertainment. They join in activities with the local adults and kids. Without doubt I would recommend this type of holiday for you and your your daughter especially if you're the type of Mum who believes in doing things with her rather than just letting her wander aimlessly and getting bored.

Rog

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Sat May 02, 2009 7:01 pm

Hi, how about Kassiopi i think it has something for everyone , a beautiful Harbour where you can enjoy a quiet drink with a lovely view and some nice places to eat , or there are other places a bit noisier around the main street , some bars with music and dancing , i prefer the Harbour area , but your wee lass will enjoy the shops, and the people are very friendly and welcoming ,its a safe environment , you will feel safe when walking around in the evening.. have a look and see for your self http://www.kassiopi.info/ Susie :cool:

hoxtonwoman

Post by hoxtonwoman » Sun May 03, 2009 12:13 pm

thanks so much for our replies. I wonder if you can recommend anywhere in Kalami that might suit us? Regarding Kassiopi, I did look there as it looked great, but couldn't find anywhere, either no air con (a must for me!) or no pool (a place for my daughter to meet others..), or no availability.

best
Helene

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Sun May 03, 2009 1:12 pm

Thats a shame Helene, did you look at Solaris or Lofos , im sure there will be places , where are you leaving from ,and when are you thinking of going we are staying at Lofos , we have stayed at Solaris a couple of times before , it was really nice, thought we would try lofos this year has a good write up , we just have to wait and see m happy hunting ,Susie :cool:

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Chris » Sun May 03, 2009 3:16 pm

In addition to the good information you have already been given, do remember to look through the Kalami Links page for reference to various information in the resort. Such as Boat Hire, Boat Excursions, Restaurants etc. On arrival visit your local Travel Shop in the resort, they will offer many excursions by coach tour, even over to the main land and to other islands near to Corfu. With a 14 year old, I would recommend a day visit to Aqualand. You can check out what is available here: AQUALAND WATERPARK. Your daughter will meet many others of her age, and if on a coach trip from Kalami, she will be able to meet up with them at the resort.

Most places at present allow children in to the Tavernas, specially with an adult, where they can enjoy the Karaoke, Discos, Music with others of their age, whilst the adults can sit away the evening without worry. Children are safe on the island, and the Greeks will watch over them.

Of course, you also have the local beaches and bays, where most kids will hang out during the day, whilst you can relax and take in the sun without any worries.

Corfu is a place to relax, without just cause to worry about anything. You will both have fun, and fun together. If you need any more information, please ask away.

Yeiamas, Chris