first visit to Corfu

Ask a question regarding Kalami, Kaminaki, or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: first visit to Corfu

Post by Chris » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:44 pm

Firstly, I must say your choice of resort is a well chosen one. Kalami is amongst some of the favourite resorts on Corfu, and suitably located on the east coast.

Here I have placed a link to another thread on this site, which lists Tavernas, Facilities in the resort of Kalami:

KALAMI RESORT LINKS

KALAMI RESORT

PLACES TO VISIT ON CORFU

EATING OUT IN CORFU

Kalami is mostly remembered for the place where the writer Lawrence Durrell, brother of the naturalist Gerald Durrell lived in the 1940s. The White House where they lived is now a frequented Hotel and Taverna, serving wonderful food, etc. Thomas's Place is another favourite of many holidaying in Kalami.

Kalami as I said is situated on the east coast of the island looking across to Albania and the Greek mainland. The resort is approximately one hour away from Corfu Town, but if you hire a care, or fix yourselves up with an excursion, a visit to the town is a must.

The weather in Corfu is warming up. We have heard on a daily basis from those who live on the island that temps are now reaching 18 - 19c, with sunshine, and breezes, with the odd shower thrown in. As we creep towards the season start time, it will increasingly become warmer in general. However, I would say pack a cardigan or something you can slip on in the evenings as it can still be quite cool on the coastal areas.

I hope this information is what you require. Please feel free to ask any other questions if you have any. We are here to help you enjoy your first holiday on Corfu. Speak again soon.

Yeiamas, Chris

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: first visit to Corfu

Post by Chris » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:22 pm

My pleasure Suki. Please do let us know about your first visit to Corfu. We also have a Photo Gallery, so if you have any pictures, let us know and we will get them uploaded to the site. Here is wishing you a great holiday. However, feel free to visit anytime, you do not have to wait until the holiday is over. :wink:

Yeiamas, Chris