October Holiday

Ask a question regarding Kassiopi or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

bruceandmaria
VIP Member
VIP Member

October Holiday

Post by bruceandmaria » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:23 pm

Hi All.

Got back early Wednesday morning of the 22nd after two smashing weeks in Kassiopi.

Not that many people around but that was to be expected for the time of year, but the vast majority of bars and restaurants where still open, the bar I use "Kostas Bar" was fairly busy, apart from one night when there was only six people in there with resulted in there being no Greek dancing. (First time in 20 years of holidaying in Kassiopi)

The weather was wall to wall sunshine for eleven days with clouds the other three and was up in the high 20's. in fact one day somebody said it was in the 30's and not one drop of rain the whole fifteen days we were there.

The last four days I spent out at sea doing the second thing I love best....and that's Fishing with my mate Kostas in his boat who had more time to spend with me, we had a real laugh together out there, cracking jokes, I think we did more laughing than we have ever done. (And yes we did catch plenty of fish, bags of them).

All in all a brilliant holiday after me and Maria only deciding one hour before the taxi turned up at our front door that we would go after a problem at home.

I just wished that Kostas could be as free in the summer months so we could spend together doing what we both love best....FISHING..Still if I come up on the lottery, we will.

Well apart from the eating, drinking and lazing around there was not much else we did apart from chill out. (and by the way the prices were just as good as they were in August, even cheaper).

Roll on the August 2009

Bruce

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: October Holiday

Post by Chris » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:39 pm

Hi Bruce & Maria.
I kept on saying to myself, I must contact Bruce & Maria, I have not seen or heard from them for a while, in particular after our last conversation where you were saying you had some troubles at home. Hopefully you got them sorted, which led to your trip back to Corfu.

You lucky couple, another two weeks in the sun on the Emerald Island. Well deserved as I said. Glad to hear you still got lots of sunshine, plenty of fun in the sun, and of course the second love of your life Bruce, some fishing with your mate.

Have you thought about going earlier in the year. May or June time, and then again in October. Both quieter, which will give you more of that valuable friendship time for you both. Just a thought.

Lets be having the photos then Bruce and Maria. We have plenty of room on the Gallery for loads of the pics. Look forward to hearing more about the hols. Will drop you an email later.

Yeiamas, Chris

Mellnkell

Post by Mellnkell » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:31 am

Hi Bruce and Maria, we too were there when you were and my mum had a couple of dances with Maria in Kostas bar. My mum and dad have been going to Kassiopi for 27 years and my dad also goes out fishing with Kostas, he borrowed Kostas' spear gun one day and went looking for octopus..YUK!! wish I had known it was you when we were there but as I have said in another post we were there this month to celebrate the life of my late brother who sadly passed away in July and we were not quite "with it" this visit. I have just booked 2 weeks at the end of June 2009, hope the weather is ok (not that it really matters in such a wonderful place) as we have never been in June/July before. Have posted a couple of my pics...enjoy x

bruceandmaria
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by bruceandmaria » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:59 am

Mellnkell wrote:Hi Bruce and Maria, we too were there when you were and my mum had a couple of dances with Maria in Kostas bar. My mum and dad have been going to Kassiopi for 27 years and my dad also goes out fishing with Kostas, he borrowed Kostas' spear gun one day and went looking for octopus..YUK!! wish I had known it was you when we were there but as I have said in another post we were there this month to celebrate the life of my late brother who sadly passed away in July and we were not quite "with it" this visit. I have just booked 2 weeks at the end of June 2009, hope the weather is ok (not that it really matters in such a wonderful place) as we have never been in June/July before. Have posted a couple of my pics...enjoy x
Hi Mellnkell,

I wish I could find your photos, were there any of you so I could see if I recognize you or your Mum and Dad.

Bruce

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Chris » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:36 am

We, and the Gallery are looking forward to seeing as many photos as possible of your holidays to Corfu and Kassiopi, specially the dancing ones. So get those memory cards working, and into the systems and start uploading, please.

Yeiamas, Chris

Mellnkell

Post by Mellnkell » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:21 pm

Hi all,
I uploaded a few to the Kassiopi folder but they dont seem to be showing yet :( will have another try x

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:01 pm

Hi Mellnkell

when you upload an image it gets put in a holding folder until it's approved.
It's done that way to stop any unwanted images being uploaded.

When you have selected the image to upload and filled in all the details,
Press the "Submit Image" tab at the bottom once. :wink:

Your Images are now being displayed, Thank you :D

Regards

Al 8)

Mellnkell

Post by Mellnkell » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:22 am

Thank you Al :D x

Bruce, Maria I have uploaded a pic into the members page for you x

bruceandmaria
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by bruceandmaria » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:37 am

Mellnkell wrote:Thank you Al :D x

Bruce, Maria I have uploaded a pic into the members page for you x
Hi Mellnkell,

Sorry for such a late reply..but when you posted your last post, I was looking in the Kassiopi gallery for your photo,, what a Idiot I am :oops: .

I have just seen the photo of you and of your Mum and Dad..and yes I do recognize you and your Mum, sorry about your Dad, as I never seem to be looking at the men, only at the ladies. :wink: :wink:

Maria will always say "It's when he starts looking at men, that she'll start worrying" to people who ask, does she mind me looking at other woman :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It a shame that your going at the end of June, you will probly have gone by the time we get there on the 28th of July..anyway you have a great time and maybe we'll catch up with each other at some time in the future. :wink: :wink:

This is the photo of Melanie and her Mum and Dad

Bruce

Mellnkell

Post by Mellnkell » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:20 am

Aww we will be leaving 6th July, but I shall keep your seats warm at Kostas bar for you :grin: I think mum and dad may be going in October again so if you are there then I will tell mum that her "Macarena" dancing partner will be there too :lol: xx

bruceandmaria
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by bruceandmaria » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:01 am

Hi MellnKell'

That's a shame you will have gone when we get there, and as for October we may not make it this year.

Anyway you give our love to you Mum and Dad..and hope to meet up with you all in the future sometime.

Bruce