One of my favourite Restaurants in between Kontokali and Gou

Ask a question regarding Kontokali or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

lilleli

One of my favourite Restaurants in between Kontokali and Gou

Post by lilleli » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:46 pm

If anyone like italian pasta or pizza - Enzo the chef at O Solo Mio makes great food. We have been comming there on every visit to Corfu and it's like going back to meet old friend - when we go there - Can't wait to see both Enzo and his lovely wife Christina - and I know our 10 year old daughter is dying to see their daughter Modesta again. All Though they didn't speak the same language - when the first met - they have had great fun....
http://www.osolemiocorfu.com

lilleli

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: One of my favourite Restaurants in between Kontokali and Gou

Post by Chris » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:34 pm

One of our favourites as well Lilleli. Although we tend to stick to Greek food on Corfu, we do vary a bit by having a night at O Solo Mio, and the Chinese further up into Kontokali.

My favourite dish at O Solo Mio is the Muscles, I have never known so many muscles in one dish, and the sauce is wonderful.

Another favourite of ours is Vegina's in Gouvia. Stephanos the owner makes sure everyone has a wonderful evening. Sadly I have heard is hanging up his dancing shoes, and selling up. They are never the same afterwards.

Yeiamas, Chris

Daniel

Post by Daniel » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:33 am

I recommend fish tavern 'Paris' in Kontokali. Open all year.
Paris and his wife are a very nice couple and they are quite proud of the good food they serve. Rightfully so.
He goes out on the water every morning to catch fresh fish himself. Ask what fish he has and he will proudly open a drawer to show todays catch preserved on ice. Let him also tell you what it will cost, some types are dearer than others. Also order their home made garlic french fries, they are so good, you migt forget to eat the fish!
Phone 30 26610 91669
Last edited by Daniel on Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:14 pm

Daniel, is this a recent opening, or change of name. I cannot recall the Paris Restaurant in Kontokali, or is it down on the Marina. Can you give me a location. Is there a website please.

Yeiamas, Chris

Daniel

Post by Daniel » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:27 pm

Not sure how long this exists, but it was there 2 years ago.
On the back of their business card is a drawing that shows its location in the long road parallel to the main road from Corfu to Paleokastritsa. Next to it shows Hotel Rozina, opposite a parking space, and accross the street right is restaurant Pipilas. Could be those names changed in the meantime. I'll check next time I'm there.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:59 pm

In that case then, I think you will find it is now Grecko's Fish Taverna. Excellent food, fresh fish, and cooked as ordered to perfection. Prices on order. Please confirm for me on your next out and about Daniel. Will be interesting to see.

Yeiamas, Chris

Daniel

Post by Daniel » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:32 pm

Pari's tavern still exists, I pass it regularly.
It's just that the map on their business cards was probably printed years ago, so the surrounding establishments mentioned on it may have change hands or names in the meantime.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:26 pm

Will be interesting to know the outcome.

Talking of maps, have you ever had or seen a recent map of Kontokali. I would be keen to find one, and produce something from that to put up on the boards. If you come across anything Daniel please let me know.

Yeiamas, Chris