Messonghi - 2005

Ask a question regarding Messonghi or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

len k

Messonghi - 2005

Post by len k » Sat May 29, 2010 12:57 pm

Hi Al,

Just came across the site - fantastic! The last time we saw you was July 2004, we had a meal at the lovely (but very, very hot) Rose Garden - remember us? Len and Sue from Newcastle. I can't believe we havent came across the site before as like yourselves we are real Corfiots at heart.

Our last time in Corfu was 2006 - We stayed at The Belvadere in Benitses - i must say that the Hotel was lovely. We have intended to holiday in Messonghi again for some time now as we know what great people go there time and time again. The Corfiot people are so welcoming, George & Elena and family - they really do make it a home from home for the kids.....

We stayed in the Kerkyra Island Hotel in 2005. Sprios & Voula have done a spectacular job on the Apartments and we would stay there again no problem - just dreaming about sitting eating good food, drinking so,so wine (or maybe an ouzo) at the Fishermans Haunt with those beautiful sea view's....

Who know maybe you will see us there sometime soon.

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Messonghi - 2005

Post by Chris » Sat May 29, 2010 2:21 pm

Thank you for taking time out to join our wonderful forum. Al maybe on one of his working weekend shifts, so therefore may not respond until late, but will respond as soon as he reads this. In the meantime, please take time to browse through our many pages, and please add anything you feel will fit in with the topics and posts. The forum also has a gallery, and will gladly receive any photos of past Corfu holidays you may wish to share with us. Enjoy the forum and welcome to the Holiday Corfu.

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Sat May 29, 2010 9:56 pm

Hiya Len & Sue

Wow it is Great to hear from you after such a long time :dup:
I remember it well,,,,The Rose Garden it was so Hot that night you are correct :good2:
Also remember Dancing the night away at Kerkyra Island to songs like dare I say it The Macarena and other silly
dances, but the drink most certainly helped :grin: I remember you had three fantastic children,, now comes the hard bit,,,forgive me if I get it wrong it's an age thing you know :spec:
Francesca,,,Charlotte and..... James :blush: :blush: ????

I'm sure I have a video of us in Corfu,, would be fun if I could find it and put it on youtube so we can see it here,,, might have to go into the loft and look through all our family video's & Photos
Len K wrote:Who know maybe you will see us there sometime soon.
It would be Great to meet up with you in Corfu :suun: or even the UK :good2:

Look forward to hearing from you soon :good2:

My very Best Wishes to you and the Family

Al :cool:

len k

Post by len k » Sun May 30, 2010 6:39 pm

Hi Al,

Hey! You got 2 out of 3 names correct and that aint bad eh? Its Francesca, Charlotte and Alex - but that was really good going...... We've been racking our brains for your surname - Charlotte came up with Mountain and we were quite impressed with her as we think she's right? :grin:

We were traitors for a little while and lived in Crete but Alex actually hated it, he couldnt settle but in hindesight he was at a tricky age. We thought as Sue's good friend lived there he would settle with her son etc but he never stopped missing home - when we came back it was initially to put him into college and go back out there but we just couldnt leave him and to be honest there was such a lot that we missed about the UK ( we would never have believed it!) We now live in Chester le Street in Durham where Alex works with me, Francesca is in her last few weeks of Uni ( Graphic Design) and Lottie is 15, still at school. We honestly dont know if Greece is now a retirement dream or just somewhere we will spend a few month a year in the future.

We remember your lovely family Abi and Izzi? I bet they are real Corfiots at heart too - 9 and 13 now eh? How time flys....... We are just getting grayer and fatter!!!!!!!

Anyway we plan keep in touch and like you say catch up sometime soon either in Corfu or the UK... Give our love to the family and take care. Len

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Sun May 30, 2010 9:38 pm

Hi Guys,

You know what we said Alex but we double guessed our selves, I think we got confused with Alex who is the Barman for Costas, also remember Alex stubbed his toe in the small round pool when we were trying to make a whirl pool.
Charlotte is bang on the money great memory !!! :good2:
You were not to bad with Abi's & Izzy's age's Abi is 14 and Izzy is 10,
Did Andrea manage to convert Francesca to read more of the Terry Pratchett books ?
We are going back to Corfu this year for two weeks from the 6th Aug to the 20th, we have been to France the last two years, due to one thing and another, but now going Home, we will be staying with Costas next door to Spiros and really looking forward to a nice relaxing holiday and to revisit old friends.
Always been in touch with Spiros and Voula via phone calls and Christmas/birthday cards, going to be nice to see them too.

Love & Best to you & family

Alan

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:01 am

Hi Len, Sue & Family

After ages of searching, I managed to find a couple of pic's of us in Corfu 2005.
There you go ......... :good2:

:dup: Good Times ! :dup:
Best Regards

Al :cool:

len k

Post by len k » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:12 am

Hi Al,

That takes me back - thanks for the photo's (good job it was dark and we are a bit of a distance from the camera - ha). The kids are looking for some other photo's so i will return the favour. Hope you had a good holiday, i'm sure it was fantastic! We've decided to stay in the UK this year due to work commitments (the kids arent happy) but we may go out there early next year - cant wait.

Thanks for the memories.

Len K :cool: