Taxi Boat

Ask a question regarding Paleokastritsas or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Greeneyes2

Taxi Boat

Post by Greeneyes2 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:37 am

Does anyone know if you can get a Taxi boat from Palio to Arilis or San Stefonos? and how much it would cost?

Thank you.

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Taxi Boat

Post by Etsiketsi » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:59 am

I have never done it but I'm sure you could but it's going to be quite a trip and I guess would cost you in excess of €70. I am just guessing and it could be more either way

Rog

Greeneyes2

Post by Greeneyes2 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:14 am

Thanks Rog, I didn't think it was that far?

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:41 am

Have you got a Map of Corfu? If so take a look and remember this, the trip from Liapades to Paleo takes about half an hour. From Paleo to Arillas looks about twice as far.

The last time I took a Boat it cost us 300 Dx so you can see it was a long time ago and it was on a friends boat (it was his busines so we always insist on paying in those circumstances).

I have no idea what they are charging these days so it's a bit of a guess. I seem to recall someone saying a year or two back that they paid €30 to go to Paleo.

Rog

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:46 pm

It is approximately 12km from Paleokastritsa to Arillas. There is no evidence of Taxi Boats, but many boat trips/excursions take place between the two resorts, as well as others. Of course, if you wish you could hire your own boat, there are a number of hire places around the resort, and along the bay.

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:56 pm

Greeneyes

If you are looking for a pleasant day out try to find a trip that runs to Mathraki. It is a small Island, one of the Diapotia Islands, off the North/West Coast of Corfu and takes about 2 hours. Go here to take a look http://mathraki.corfumail.gr/default.as ... ID=English. We have been several times with our host at the Cricketers Taverna, he used to take us as special treat and always provided the food and drink so that we picnicked on the beach and spent the day there.

They run trips from the Cricketers sometimes during the summer but they are not scheduled trips it is a case of going there and asking if there is anything arranged and could you go. They charge now but I don't know how much as I've never paid for that trip.

Rog