Car Hire in Sidari

Ask a question regarding Sidari or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

johnmeds

Car Hire in Sidari

Post by johnmeds » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:08 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome :D . My wife and I are visiting Corfu for the first time on May 4th 2009 for 14 days in Sidari. My Mrs is very scared as it her first ever flight to anyware 1mnewhere .
But the question I have in mind is, What the car hire like? is it worth booking with Thomas Cook our travel agent, or booking the odd day or 2 via a local company? Hope to hear from you real soon.
Best wishes for the New Year.

John & Lynn

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Car Hire in Sidari

Post by Etsiketsi » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:16 pm

John

We book a Car online each time we visit and have it for two weeks. The supplier we use is https://www.auto-europe.co.uk/ we pick up the car at the airport as we travel independently.

In about ten years we have never had any problems they are good cars and as far as we are concerned very reliable.

Take a look online for the prices next year.

Rog

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Car Hire in Sidari

Post by Chris » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:11 pm

As Roger says there are many Car Hire sites online. Just type into your search engine, Car Hire in Corfu, and you will be listed with many, who will deliver the car to the airport, and you can drop it off there when finished. Far better than taking the drop tour on the coach as they disembark other passengers. Do remember, if you have booked a flight and accommodation holiday through a Tour Company, let them know that you have a car hire at the airport and to be returned. They then will not be waiting for you at the airport or hotel. You might find some links in the Sidari Link page, or the Corfu General Links. Any more information needed to let us know.

Yeiamas, Chris

PS: I moved your original post to the Sidari section for more information on this resort, etc.

hellsbells

Post by hellsbells » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:32 pm

I have been going to Sidari for years now and I NEVER book car hire before I go. The beginning of May is very quiet there, so if you go to a local car hire firm they are happy to give you a great deal!! If you turn right by the 3 little pigs, go to the end of the road, turn left... down there on the left is a great car hire place, he does excellent deals..just can't think what the place is called off the top of my head!

Kaged

Post by Kaged » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:40 pm

In regards to Car hire, what information do you need to provide to the car hire company.

We may be looking at booking a car for a few days while we are there, but unsure until we get there on 12th oct.

Thanks.

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:47 pm

The more the better.

At the minimum UK Driving Licence and Passport. It will help if you can prove to the hirer where you will be staying.

Don't be surprised when they ask for your Credit Card and photocopy it. This is in case you damage the car and they have to reclaim the funds for repair.

Go for the option (it was 6€ per day for us) to remove any excess on the Insurance it gives you peace of mind.

Rog

Kaged

Post by Kaged » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:34 pm

Thanks..

We dont have a credit card but Im sure we will work the rest out when we get there.

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:45 pm

Hiya Kaged

* Welcome *

You will need you Full Driving Licence, Passport and your flight details.

Not having a credit card should not be to much of a problem but some companies prefer to use them rather than cash, If your hiring the car to use from the Airport, then you could enquire weather if the car hire company could meet you at the airport and sort the paperwork with the car rental rep at the airport, as it only takes a few moments to do.
As Rog has said it might be a good Idea to take out the extra corner on the insurance, just for peace of mind for any
Eventuality.

Have a great Holiday

Regards

Al :cool: