going this week!!

Ask a question regarding Agios Georgios North and South or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

kaznjake

going this week!!

Post by kaznjake » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:45 pm

hi everyone, we are flying to corfu for the first time on friday, staying in AG(north), have seen dennis' web site - looks great, but for those others of you who have been, can you recommend restaurants, boat trips etc, thanks karen xx

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: going this week!!

Post by Chris » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:29 am

hihihi Karen.

Welcome to the Ag. Georgios North Forum. I am not really up to date with this resort, but other members are, and I am sure they will be long to give advise before you depart.

One restaurant I do know of is the Fisherman's Cave, which comes recommended.

Here is a good link to have a browse through with information, maps, boat trips and coach excursions. Should give you an idea anyway.

AG. GEORGIOS NORHT RESORT

I hope this gives you some idea of what to look forward to. If you need anymore information do get back to us when convenient.

Yeiamas, Chris

kaznjake

Post by kaznjake » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:56 am

thanks chris, were really looking forward to it, having worked so hard all winter and spring corfu is going to be just the tonic!! we'll definately try the fishermans, x
thanky0u

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Chris » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:40 pm

Your we1come . Do come back and tell us all about your first visit to Corfu, and the highlights of your holidays. Please do write up a review, and place a few pictures on the forum gallery. We can help you do that if you wish.

In the meantime, if you think of anything else we can he1p you with, please do let us know.

Where are you flying from, which airline, and what is the name of your hotel.

Yeiamas, Chris

kaznjake

Post by kaznjake » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:02 pm

we certainly will, we're travelling from newcastle - we live in north northumberland and were staying at hotel theo, not sure of the airline but i believe jet2 are starting no frills flights sometime this year so should be easier to return, x karen & tony

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Chris » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:49 pm

thanky0u Karen. Here is hoping you have a great time in Corfu, and we look forward to hearing all about it on your return. As a matter of interest here is a link to the Theo Hotel:

THEO HOTEL

Yeiamas, Chris

kaznjake

Post by kaznjake » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:00 am

well we're back, had to be almost prised from the runway though! what a beautiful island and what friendly people. agios georgios north is a beautiful resort, a 1km stretch of sandy beach backed by hills and olive groves, so unbelieveably green. There are some wonderful taverna's spread along the resort with a smattering of supermarkets and gift shops, nothing too brash, it seems to appeal to families, couples, windsurfers and walkers. On the northern headland is the beautiful village of afionas, which has spectacular sunset views. we hired a car for three days and covered most of the island, but the best route by far was the old fire track (now asphalt) which led from pandokrator to troumbeta, we called in to the oasis taverna for apple pie and ginger beer and the owner kindly gave us directions, after a few wrong turns we were rewarded with views of both coastlines!!!
The owners of hotel theo (theo and elena) are the kindest most genial hosts we have ever met and nothing was too much trouble - even lent us his car and a friend to drive us to afionas to see the sunset, perfectly well timed too!!!

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:27 am

hihihi kaznjake

Welcome back, by the sound of it you had a Great time!
mmmmmm apple pie and ginger beer how yummy, I can smell and even taste it now.
The fire track has been tarmacked :shock: :shock: , I remember driving along it and it felt like you were in a Rally with huge clouds of dust and you were only travelling about 5mph lol

Regards

Al 8) nicethread