Posting of Gifs and other Animated Features

Tech support with Avatars, Pictures and related Issues

Moderator: Al

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Posting of Gifs and other Animated Features

Post by Chris » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:58 pm

Some members like to add animated pictures to such things as Birthday Messages, or as a General Gesture of fun. First of all you need to find an Animated Cartoon, Picture website, which will have (gifs), Graphic Interchange Format. It is similar to the jpeg formats, but in this case they are animated. Both transfer pictures across, but one as a stills, glossy format, and the other (gif) as animated (moving) format.

There are many websites that give massive lists of gifs, and most are useable, ie, you can download them to other forums. However, do check for any copyright issues, and if there is, do leave well alone, unless you have obtained permission. In light of this, I have to admit, that I have not yet come across a gif site that is not for general downloading by all. As you will have noticed I have used many in my posts throughout the forum for birthdays, easter, christmas and many more. An example of a gif website is as follows; GIFS TO USE ON FORUMS

Once you have found the gif you wish to use, right click on the gif animated picture, and click on "Copy Image Location", come back to your post box on this forum, and right click in the Post Box, and click on "Paste". Your animated picture will appear in your box in URL Address format. Now you must drag your cursor over the address to highlight it, and then click on "Img" in the icon boxes at the top of the Post Box. This will put img at one end, and /img at the other end, surrounded by []. When you post your message, or Preview it you will see the picture you chose to upload.

Once you have your picture, you can centralise it, or move it to where you want it to be, using the space bar.

Give it a go. Any problems please PM me and let me know.

Yeiamas, Chris

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Posting of Gifs and other Animated Features

Post by mitera » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:18 pm

just tried it Chris thanks for the post was a good help :grin: :grin: