Tech support with Avatars, Pictures and related Issues

Moderator: Al

Al
Admin
Admin

Anti Virus

Post by Al » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:39 pm

Hi All

If like me you are concerned with your computer getting a virus or two and are feed up
Paying for an anti-virus program that cost the earth and at times slows your computer down while scanning etc.

Well I was recommended to a anti virus program by a very good friend of mine who has used this program for a good few years and has never had any problems with viruses on his computer, I too have now been using this for around a year and a half and I can say it is one of the best programs I have used for Anti-virus and the best thing is it's Free
yes FREE !!

You can get your copy by following the direct link to the download page, then follow the simple instructions with down loading and installing it is so simple.

The program is called > Avast! 4 Home Edition < FREE antivirus software - Download.

When on the page just click the "Download Now" tab and that will download the English version or if you scroll down there is different versions there.
avast! antivirus Home Edition is FREE to use but it is necessary to register before the end of the initial 60 day trial period. To register, click here. Following registration you will receive by E-mail a license key valid for a period of 1 year. After you have downloaded and installed the program, the license key must be inserted into it within 60 days. The registration process is very easy, and it will take you only a couple of minutes.
To register, this is done on the download page from the link above

It takes care of all your anti-virus worries, because it scans everything like:- web pages, email in & Out /msn messenger and of course your computer etc etc
It also gets updated regularly.

Enjoy

Al 8)

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Anti Virus

Post by Chris » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:42 am

Cheers Al for the information. At present I am using AVG8.0, and so far I have had no problems. But I will have a look and see if there any comparisons. Thanks again.

Yeiamas, Chris

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:06 pm

Ozzy

Just seen your referrence to that Company Norton. Most Computer Users wouldn't give it space on their HDD it uses so many of your resources and slows the machine down. It does it by infiltrating all *.exe files and tags 'em.

I swear AVG vsn 8 freeware.

Rog

machpromotions

Post by machpromotions » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:50 am

Have been using Avast for several years now and found it to be very good. Also use Lavasoft Ad-Aware anti spyware which is also free.
Apologies if classed as advertising.
Mac