Welcome to the Kassiopi Forum

Ask a question regarding Kassiopi or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Chris » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:29 am

Hi Bruce.

I have been reading your thread on a daily basis as it gets longer and longer. The more Elaine and I read, the more we want to try Kassiopi. You have certainly painted a wonderful picture of the resort, its facilities and as you say, more importanly the people.

I suppose in real terms, this is the same throughout Corfu. We certainly have been treated this way in Kontokali, and no doubt other members have been treated this way in their resorts.

It is the Corfiot way. Anyway Bruce, keep adding mate, it is a good read. We are looking at Kassiopi closely.

Yeiamas, Chris.

bruceandmaria
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by bruceandmaria » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:10 pm

Chris,
One of the good things about Kassiopi is that there is no main road through The village, The coach or taxi will pull off the main road to enter Kassiopi, so from the main road to the harbour it's no wider than some of the lanes here in the UK meaning that the few cars and coaches that do enter Kassiopi are not doing 40 or 50 mph, In fact when a coach does go pass doing 5 mph you have to step into a shop doorway it's that narrow, you will never have to cross a road to get to any of the beaches which is great for families with small children unless your apartment is on the other side of the main Northeast coast road and that has hardly any traffic on it at this point, just make sure you look left and right when crossing and not right and left like I did (but thats another story :oops: )

One tip to new visitors to Kassiopi, if you are walking along the small one way system..which is traffic comeing into the village down to the square and then from the square out of the village make sure you look both ways because on the odd occasion you will get a moped going the wrong way to save them going the long way round.

From the square down to the harbour it is two way traffic...great see two coaches passing with door mirrors 1" apart and shopkeepers looking to see that the front of their shops are not going to get ripped off.

One last thing, you cannot get lost in Kassiopi it's to small and for such a small village it has a awful lot going on

Bruce

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Chris » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:22 pm

We are definately looking into Kassiopi Bruce. In your expert knowledge, what accommodation would you recommend. As I have said before, we are out goers, so we are out everynight for meals and entertainment, and usually prefer a beach rather than a pool. But we do like a nice place to go back to at night. Any ideas.

Yeiamas, Chris

bruceandmaria
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by bruceandmaria » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:41 pm

Chris,
If I didn't stay with our Greek friends, and knowing what I know it would have to be the Solaris Complex which is a very lovely place, my granddaughter Nina-Marie stayed there two years ago and we went into her apartment and they had everything she needed, they are all clean, bright and well looked after, they are central in Kassiopi with beaches within a few hundred yards of there but if your into pools then they have two lovely ones in the complex itself with a great poolside bar with great staff. don't be put off by the complex bit.. it's not that big if you were to look at their website you'll see what I mean, plus it's on the flat so there's no walking up hills. plus they have plenty of entertainment at nights to keep the guests happy

Bruce

bruceandmaria
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by bruceandmaria » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:28 pm

The guy singing on this site below is named Peter Dinsley, some of you may have heard him sing last year in Kassiopi I did twice, he performs in several other resorts around Corfu, as well as Kassiopi..this man is good and if you do get the chance while on holiday to go and listen to him.. go, he has emailed me to say he will be back in Corfu this year, and beleve me he has a better voice live.

http://www.peterdinsley.com

Bruce

bruceandmaria
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by bruceandmaria » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:37 pm

Hi Michelle

I'll dig out some of the thousands of photos I have taken over the years and see what I have.

Strange as it is seems Kassiopi always seems to look the same to me. I suppose it's like when you see somebody all the time they never look any differant over the years.

But I will put some photos on here in a few days time.

Bruce

bruceandmaria
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by bruceandmaria » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:45 pm

Hi Miehlle,

Like you say the walk around the headland was a bit of a trek..the foot path used to be right up against the Fortress wall.. no road for vehicles like there are today.. up near the restaurant thats on the top they were having their provisions delivered by a donkey.

Yes the water was right up to the wall of Aleka's lace shop to the right of the harbour where I would sit and fish on the wall while Maria would sit and have a drink in the Eucalyptus Bar which also had the sea lapping up against their wall, also you had to walk through the Eucalyptus Bar area to get to the path that lead up the cliffs to get to a small beach which I have forgotten the name of.

Bruce

bruceandmaria
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by bruceandmaria » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:04 pm

Hi Michelle
This is to the right of the harbour, as you see the sea went right up to the Aleka's lace shop and Eucalyptus bar wall, the road ended where you can just about make out a car where the lace sheets are hanging ...Also there is a narrower entrance to the harbour now, they built a jetty made of boulders on that side and extended the concrete jetty the other side.

Bruce

http://i7.tinypic.com/332m9nk.jpg
Last edited by bruceandmaria on Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bruceandmaria
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by bruceandmaria » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:29 pm

Hi Michelle again.

The top one is scanned from a post card I brought back in 1988 in Kassiopi showing the Kastro Restaurant up on the headland about then.

The bottom one is how it looks now..notice how many trees there are now. and half way down on the left hand edge you'll see the new road were the people are..

Bruce

http://i15.tinypic.com/30j5jxw.jpg

http://i15.tinypic.com/4ider78.jpg

bruceandmaria
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by bruceandmaria » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:15 pm

Thats true, my friend Kostas loaned a English tourist £200 once about six or seven years ago with the promise that he would send Kostas a cheque over as soon as he got back to England..but never did..but as Kostas said he will never forget his face, and then showed me in a photo who this guy was, but even that never put him off doing the same for the odd holiday maker who have run out of money over the years...As Kostas said not all people are the same and sometimes this happens.

Bruce

bruceandmaria
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by bruceandmaria » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:10 pm

The Travel Corner in Kassiopi are showing their Taxi/Minibus prices for transfers from the airport and the port on their website for the summer of 2007, the prices shown are one way.

http://www.kassiopi.com

Bruce

bruceandmaria
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by bruceandmaria » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:20 am

Here is a list of the boat trips that the COSMIC GENERAL TOURIST OFFICE do, they are based in Kassiopi,and are owned and run by a English couple..Mike and Vera.

CORFU TOWN DAY CRUISE
The best way to visit CORFU TOWN. A relaxing 1 Hr. sail along the beautiful east coast, with our experienced crew to point out the places of interest. Sun yourself on deck, relax in the shade or enjoy a drink in the lounge bar. We dock at Corfu’s Old Port, right in the heart of the Town with it’s shops, museums & ancient monuments. A 4 hour stay ensures you have lots of time to do whatever you like, shopping, sightseeing,stroll the narrow cobbled streets of the OLD TOWN in search of souvenirs. Visit one of the museums, the medieval Old Fortress, the New Fortress (built 1577) or the palace of St. Michael & St.George. Then it’s time to top up that tan again on the return journey. Watch out for Vidos Island, now a bird sanctuary. Some days we stop off for a swim.

CORFU TOWN EVENNG CRUISE
An early evening cruise to Corfu Town. Enlgish commentary. The lounge bar is open at all times.On arrival you’ll have 4 hours to do as you please. Don’t miss the fascinating gift shops of the Old Town for leatherware & jewellery or the stylish boutiques of the Modern Town. After you’ve ‘shopped ‘til you drop’ there’ll still be time to relax with the locals and watch the world go by at one of the pavement cafes on the famous Liston.On the return sail relax on deck beneath an amazing canopy of stars. You will not believe the thousands of stars to be seen from the sea (including shooting stars), & enjoy a few drinks in the lounge bar.

EAST COAST CRUISE
A relaxing and unhurried cruise along Corfu’s beautiful coastline There’s regular stops for sight-seeing, swimming and photos. A good way to improve that tan. The boat pulls in to a jetty at each scheduled stop. A chance to see some of the prettiest villages, coves and bays:- Kouloura – with it’s pretty horseshoe harbour, Kalami – with the famous DURRELL WHITE HOUSE, Nissaki – great for watersports, St. Stefanos – where the rich & famous take their holidays.We also call at the fabulous blue caves where you may swim from the boat. There’s also a chance to dive for champagne. If you’re lucky you may see the dolphins that can often be seen playing in this area. This trip suits everyone. Sun worshipers get even browner – kids simply love it – so do sightseers And you get to sample the captains famous punch drink – free.

ODYSSEUS BEACH B.B.Q.
First we take you for a short cruise along Corfu’s beautiful coastline and stop for swimmimg from the boat. Drinks are served as we sail along. On arrival at the long sandy beach of Kalamaki there’s time to relax while your delicious B.B.Q. is being prepared. This consists of charcoal grilled chicken, burgers, baked potatoes, greek salad and ice-cream. Unlimited wine, ouzo, or fruit squash for the kids are all included in the price. You can then spend the day relaxing, sunbathing or swimming – or join in the fun & games with the Captain and his crew. This is a great day for young and old alike. You can choose from our 3 superb boats. We can guarantee you’ll not find better value anywhere else on the Island!

MOONLIGHT SERENADE
For those who like something a little different. An evening to remember aboard the beautiful cruiser Christina.. On leaving the harbour of Kassiopi you can relax on a short cruise between Corfu’s East Coast and the coastline of Albania while popular Greek musicians serenade you accompanied by guitar and bouzouki. A complimentary glass of wine with the Captain is served also. The ship then arrives at Nikos Beach Taverna at Kalamaki Bay where you can dine (meal not included in ticket price) while the Greek Bouzouki Band continue to entertain you. This is the perfect setting for an evening of traditional Greek music and relaxation. Perfect for the romantics amongst you.

VIDOS/MOUSE ISLAND CRUISE
Sunbathe & sightsee at the Same time. We start the day with a relaxing cruise aboard our beautiful cruiser Christina. taking you in a southerly direction passing close to the Albanian coast. Our first port of call is Vidos Island. Once Corfu’s ‘Alcatraz’ (you can still see the entrance to the tunnels used for transporting prisoners across from Corfu’s Old Fortress) it is now a bird sanctury and famous for it’s peace and tranquillity. You’ll have time here to explore, swim, or sit with a coffee admiring the stunning views of Corfu Town. On leaving the island we continue down the coast affording magnificent views of the Old Fortress & Mon Repos, the birthplace of Prince Phillip. Next we reach Mouse Island & the pretty white chapel of Vlacherna, Corfu’s most famous landmark. Here you’ll have chance to swim from the boat. A cold buffet with free wine is then served on board. On the return sail we call at Crouzeri Bay. A relaxing day and a photographer’s dream

SUNSET CRUISE
A relaxing early evening cruise along the beautiful East Coast to see some of the prettiest villages & harbours nestling along the coastline – Kalami, home of the famous DURRELL WHITE HOUSE, Kouloura, Kerasia, Agni and St. Stefanos, where many of the rich and famous take their holidays
We disembark at Nissaki Village where you’ll have 2 hours to dine at the waterfront taverna & enjoy the peace and tranquility of this beautiful village. A romantic return sail beneath the stars completes this memorable evening.

Permission was given to use this list by

http://www.kassiopi-cosmic.com
Last edited by bruceandmaria on Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Chris » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:07 am

Brilliant Bruce, a great list of boat trips. I do fancy the Moonlight Serenade one, but then I am an old romantic. They are all good. I do not suppose you have any idea of prices Bruce.

Yeiamas, Chris.

bruceandmaria
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by bruceandmaria » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:25 am

Hi Chris,

No Idea yet of the prices..as they normally don't release them until about April, but will email and find out what they may charge this year..can't be sure what they even charged last year as Maria always paid for them..I may have one of their last years price lists around somewhere, I will have a look.

Bruce

baza

Post by baza » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:20 pm

Bruce it says to e-mail for upto date price's to cosmicco@otenet.gr.
baza

bruceandmaria
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by bruceandmaria » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:44 pm

Hi Barry

I did say to Chris that I would email Cosmic to find out what the prices may be for this year. Which I have already done, They do print out a booklet with all the trips and new Prices which comes out about April time..so hopefully they will be able to lets me know what they are, providing they've already decided what their 2007 prices are going to be that is.

Bruce

bruceandmaria
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by bruceandmaria » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:38 pm

Hi Guys,

I have just received a email back from Cosmic Travel giving me a estimated price list for their boat trips..but they have ask me not to post them as they are only estimates.

So If there is anybody that wants to know the price of any of the above trips I could give them a rough idea of the price. the Correct prices will not be available until May

Bruce

bruceandmaria
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by bruceandmaria » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:55 pm

Anyone who is going to Kassiopi this year and who would like spend a few hours horse riding, which can be booked in Kassiopi at several Tourist Travel Offices, check this website out to watch some videos of holiday makers horse riding, It's in Avlaki about five minutes by transfer mini bus from Kassiopi... there are 6 or 7 more small videos to the right of the one that will be playing and well worth a watch..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VeL-6bK56Q

Bruce

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Chris » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:42 pm

Bruce, we are going to have to stop doing this mate. I have been browsing the internet this afternoon, and came across this website, and thought I will have to let Bruce and the Holiday Corfu know of this. It is a site from Dimitris, which has all the videos of the Horse Riding, plus his restaurant, Photo Gallery etc. According the footnotes, it has been updated at the end of February.

Here is the link:

DIMITRIS OF CORFU

I will put this link into the Kassiopi/Avlaki holiday links.

Yeiamas, Chris.

bruceandmaria
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by bruceandmaria » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:20 pm

Hi Guys

These are the dates and resorts in Corfu that Peter Dinsley will be appearing ..sadly they are not when I will be there this year..but if you are there when he is do try to go and hear him...he's good.

http://www.peterdinsley.com/main.html

Bruce